A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:43:04 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Sweet Niblets' of Miley Cyrus  (Read 8574 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 07:09:53 am »

Poor judgement on daddy's part.....

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:57 pm »

I think the photo is interesting and intriguing. What I notice most is how the face, the eyes the mouth, is so unreadable, no expression....neutral. Whats she thinking? Whats this image trying to say? Its not a photo that flatters her or makes her "Miley Cyrus" look pretty, but there is something about the image and "the girl" that is beautiful.

As for the sexual aspect, one knows that girls and boys of that age are sexual " Juliet, of Romeo and Juliet, was younger...Ever seen the Frank Zefferelli version?".  An adult can see and acknowlege that young love, dreams, romance and sexuality obviously exist. But realize it is not a proper place to tread any further. It belongs to those young people. It is not an adult place. Can an adult write about it "Romeo and Juliet? Or perhaps capture some part of those things, their world, in a painting, a photograph? Is showing that existance wrong? Was the intent of this photo to do that? Does it anyway? I don't really know.  

I guess, as with any image or conveyance, there are both the intended meanings... and the understandings of them. There is always the possibility that proper or improper can exist on either side.

...I think the photo is interesting and intriguing. What I notice most is how the face, the eyes the mouth, is so unreadable, no expression....neutral. Whats she thinking? Whats this image trying to say?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:45:01 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 10:12:37 am »

The Niblets are coming to the BOK.

Conan, you still have your wrecking ball costume?  I've got my teddy bear dance garb.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 10:16:54 am »

Conan, you still have your wrecking ball costume?  I've got my teddy bear dance garb.

That might be a record...thread resurrection over five years!

Kudos to you sir!

But yeah..I mentioned that to someone in the office..the first response I heard was "Wait, let me get my wrecking ball"...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 11:04:35 am »

Oh yeah!!! I’m in!!!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:55 am »

Oh yeah!!! I’m in!!!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 02:47:09 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org