A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:06:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PROJECT) QT Park - 41st & Riverside  (Read 66785 times)
brianh
« Reply #135 on: July 09, 2009, 07:29:49 am »

This would be a nice place for some kind of staffed bicycle hub station for those free pink bicycles, you could air up tires there and get information/donate there and all that kind of thing.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2009, 09:45:52 am »

I did a short run on the RiverSide trail Sunday just south of the new playground and the riverbank eroision is getting really serious there. All the Parks Dept. seems to do is dump rocks into the caved in sections. If they let it go to long the eroision will damage the new trail.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »

I did a short run on the RiverSide trail Sunday just south of the new playground and the riverbank eroision is getting really serious there. All the Parks Dept. seems to do is dump rocks into the caved in sections. If they let it go to long the eroision will damage the new trail.

No you didn't.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2009, 07:56:35 pm »

You know that the riverbank in that area was completely restructured and rebuilt last year right? If there were "signs of serious erosion" this quickly, brookside will be falling in by Christmas.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2009, 09:36:35 pm »

Should I borrow from the book of Lex Luthor (Superman movie) and buy at Brookside now to sell as Riverfront property in the near future? 

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2009, 10:55:52 am »

You know that the riverbank in that area was completely restructured and rebuilt last year right? If there were "signs of serious erosion" this quickly, brookside will be falling in by Christmas.
The area I seen was just south of the new playground at 41st & RiverSide Drive. They put up a fence and the erroision is undermining the fence. It gets bad at around 100 meters or so south of the playground, farther south the trail moves away from the riverbank. Workmen were putting up those new fancy light poles at the closed section of the trail, they should of been working on the riverbank to shore it up before it all collapses into the river.

charky
Civic Leader

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2009, 11:21:23 am »

The area I seen was just south of the new playground at 41st & RiverSide Drive. They put up a fence and the erroision is undermining the fence. It gets bad at around 100 meters or so south of the playground, farther south the trail moves away from the riverbank. Workmen were putting up those new fancy light poles at the closed section of the trail, they should of been working on the riverbank to shore it up before it all collapses into the river.

I ran that section yesterday and took a good look at the area just south of the 41st/Riverside playground. The rather steep river bank runs roughly parallel to the new trail for about 100-150 yards. The "dropoff"...so to speak...is generally about 7-10 yards from the concrete border of the trail. There is a small section...marked by an orange construction fence...that comes a bit closer to the trail. Here...a dirt path is found that is obviously being using by trucks to haul the huge boulders for reinforcement. It's being worked on.

Ihearttacos
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2009, 09:20:03 am »

The shoreline will be fortified with rip rap to assist in erosion control, the schedule for this is being addressed.
sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2009, 01:24:01 pm »

Yes! I am currently in Tulsa this week and I ran 4 miles on the RiverSide Trail and was happy to see they did indeed fix all that riverbank damage, they filled in a sink hole with sod and built up the riverbank with rocks. That was good to see. The last time I ran there  in August a big section of the riverbank was collapsing. That was great to see   Cheesy

sauerkraut
City Father

« Reply #144 on: October 25, 2009, 01:26:27 pm »

I ran that section yesterday and took a good look at the area just south of the 41st/Riverside playground. The rather steep river bank runs roughly parallel to the new trail for about 100-150 yards. The "dropoff"...so to speak...is generally about 7-10 yards from the concrete border of the trail. There is a small section...marked by an orange construction fence...that comes a bit closer to the trail. Here...a dirt path is found that is obviously being using by trucks to haul the huge boulders for reinforcement. It's being worked on.
Yes, it is fixed now  but it wasn't a few months ago- a part of the drop off was only about 5-6 feet from the new jogging trail just south of the playground. They built it up!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org