A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:03:55 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsey Awards  (Read 3157 times)
dbacks fan
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:48:38 am »

I see Blake Ewing is up for a Tulsey award! Congrats!!!

Go to http://vote.thetulseys.com and vote for Blake!!!!!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:57:03 am »

Did you also notice the mis-placed nominee in that category:

Darrell Bowen, Brownie's Hamburgers.  The award is for starting and succeeding.  Bill Bowen started Brownies and that was a long, long, time ago.  No hate on Brownie's I love the place, doesn't seem like that one fits. 

The other one that was an obvious muff was Chet Cadieux and Quick Trip in the "Franchise" category.  QT doesn't franchise, every unit is corporate owned. 

More appropriate would have been Beautiful Brands (Camille's, Coney Beach, Fresh Berry, soon to be Caz's, Cafe Ole and other locals being marketed as franchises by BB).

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:12:54 am »

I did notice that about Brownies, and was curious about the QT one as well. I found out about it through an email for my high school class. A friend from high school is up in the music category.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:56:07 am »

I did notice that about Brownies, and was curious about the QT one as well. I found out about it through an email for my high school class. A friend from high school is up in the music category.

Who's the musician?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00:16 am »

Who's the musician?

Sorry, I meant entertainment. Davit Souders, Diabolical Productions.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:41 pm »

Sorry, I meant entertainment. Davit Souders, Diabolical Productions.

Oh, I know Davit.

FOTD
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 01:36:03 pm »

Oh, I know Davit.

Sorry....oh, forgot....he wears a kilt. Right up your alley! Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org