A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:52:01 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $100 Million Oklahoma Tax $$'s Wasted?  (Read 3835 times)
Friendly Bear
City Father

« on: April 05, 2008, 01:02:01 pm »

A local radio station was carrying a news story yesterday that State Representative Mike Reynolds from Oklahoma City claims that at least $100,000,000 in state tax credits intended to reward state employers for adding new employees to start-up companies via a Capital Investment Board have been siphoned off on in a loan scam to reward out-of-state companies.

The brief news commentary also says that virtually NO Oklahoma jobs were created with the $100 million in Oklahoma Tax dollars.  The abuse reportedly goes all the way back to the early days of the program in 1992, and continued until recently.

There has been no reference in the state-wide print media, the Lorton's World or the Gaylord's World, about this news report.

Wouldn't you say that $100,000,000 in wasted tax dollars does appear rather news worthy?

Unless maybe, just maybe, some of their connected cronies were reaching into the $100 million taxpayer-financed Cookie Jar.......

[:O]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:29:49 pm by Friendly Bear » Logged
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:55:15 pm »

What radio station, what reporter, give us some hard facts, not just hearsay.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 04:28:37 pm »

Maybe because they have higher standards of reporting? Standards that include creditable sources and details?

Wrinkle
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 08:29:48 pm »

Listen to it yourself.....and weep.

Rep Reynolds' starts around 27:30

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:33:43 pm by Wrinkle » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 12:29:59 pm »

I'd like to see a written transcript or report from Mike Reynolds.  It's a little confusing trying to pay attention and listen to all the points he's making on it.  Point I've taken from it is there does seem to be some corruption and it sounds like another Gene Stipe operation.  [B)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wrinkle
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:52:03 am »

>Bump<

This one needs to stay on top awhile until we get some answers.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 10:12:59 pm »

Mike Reynolds seems to be a pretty good watchdog.  I heard him on KTOK today talking about possibly getting a vote on "dereliction of duty" on McMahan so we don't have to pay that rat while he's under investigation.  Apparently the AG said there's no mechanism to suspend salary along with duties.  Must've been a Stipe law in the first place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 10:29:49 pm »

If this is accurate, I'll call for heads.  As of yet I have one man on an MP3 rambling about it.  I need documents, I need ledgers, I need people who were involved.

Corruption is the worst for of theft.  Abuse of power should *never* be tolerated at any level of government.  Especially when they are fiduciaries of our tax dollars.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org