A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:40:53 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momma has come  (Read 35329 times)
TheTed
City Father

« on: March 28, 2008, 09:56:51 pm »

There's a big banner on the front of what will become a new pizza joint in the Blue Dome District, on Elgin between 1st and 2nd (between El Guapo's and Dirty's).

I look forward to some late night dining, something the Blue Dome has lacked.

From the website it looks like it'll be an awesome place. They'll have delivery, old school arcade games, beer and wine, a massive TV and live entertainment.

http://www.mommaiscoming.com/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:14:16 pm by TheTed » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:13:11 pm »

Joe Momma's is good pizza.

I wonder if they are closing their 61st street location or just opening another?

Power is nothing till you use it.
dsjeffries
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:13:51 am »

Saw the sign about a month ago and forgot to post about it!  From the details on the website, it sounds pretty Kick-A.

And you know what usually follows pizza places? Bowling alleys [Wink]
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 08:22:19 am »

Kewl, sounds great. So does the bowling alley idea of course lol.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
safetyguy
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 07:55:43 pm »

When I first saw the title of this thread this is what I thought of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKQnZijIvt8

If you haven't seen the commercial, they play it everyday during Jeopardy. Once the song is in your head, it's hard to get out!
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 05:35:22 pm »

Joe Mammas has been a Tulsa Talons sponsor for a couple of years now. Had to laugh at the game last night at the new contest they are doing. People who sign up from the crowd have to come up with the best "Yo Mama"...type joke.. Yo Mama is so (fat, ugly, etc..) she (insert joke here). I forgot what they win. A gift certificate I think.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:17:45 am »

Awesome.

That district is REALLY turning into something special. I've been to Beale Street and some of the other famous districts, and really they aren't THAT special.  The BlueDome nearly  has as many bars, is adding restaurants, and hopefully will have some affordable hotels nearby soon.  Add some atmosphere and events nearby and it should really take off.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 09:44:49 am »

I doubt they are closing their 61st location.  The original plan was to put it next to McNellies, but there were permitting, construction, whatever problems, then the 61st option came open. I saw the sign last weekend and was glad they are following through with the downtown plan.  Even though we are in Sand Springs, we still go downtown for going out as often as we can find something to do down there, this will only help.  Weather is getting nice which will make El Gaupo's rooftop extra cool again!

Hope more and more come along.  We just came back from a weekend in OKCity watching the Rangers & White Sox play.  We stayed at the Skirvin (wonderful!).  We parked our car at the hotel and never drove it again until we left, walked to dinner, game, starbucks, hit a few clubs, walked back to hotel.  It was so nice.  I continue to hope to see more of that happening in our downtown!

JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:08:22 am »

What's up, guys! Thanks for your curiosity. I just got a call from the Tulsa World. The writer saw this thread and called to ask me some questions.

We're not closing our location on 61st Street. While the downtown restaurant will be much different (a little more upscale, bigger and better menu, bigger beer and wine selection), we're happy with the success we're having at 61st and 169.

We opened our first store at All-Star sports complex with the intent of learning how to run a restaurant and to develop our ideas for the downtown store that we always wanted. After a few years of making dumb mistakes and working out the kinks, we're ready for the next step!

Thanks so much for your interest! I look forward to seeing you all downtown soon!

Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 10:20:45 am »

TulsaNow lunch at Momma's (when it's open)!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 10:39:58 am »

We're shooting for D Fest. Gotta be open by then. I see from the main page that TulsaNow is making deals. [Smiley]

How about TulsaNow purchase some equity in my new store? Then you can have lunch in your own restaurant....every day...

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 11:36:48 am »

quote:
Originally written by Urban Tulsa

All these [pizzas] would taste great after a ball game, before a ball game, or for that matter, just because.

http://archives.urbantulsa.com/article.asp?id=2776

I'm smelling synergy with a new downtown baseball stadium . . . well, that and delicious pie.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 12:19:23 pm »

Has any posted the address yet?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 12:20:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

We're shooting for D Fest. Gotta be open by then. I see from the main page that TulsaNow is making deals. [Smiley]

How about TulsaNow purchase some equity in my new store? Then you can have lunch in your own restaurant....every day...

How much Pizza does an Ad Banner buy us?

What is the Pizza to Pixel exchange rate?
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 05:22:12 pm »

We need a banner ad. The Spexton Jewelry one works like a charm. I spent a good ten minutes checking out their site earlier from the link here. Very cool jewelry.

The location is at 1st and Elgin, just south of El Guapo's.

- Daniel Burnham

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org