A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:02:54 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momma has come  (Read 35323 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:57 am »

In reference the above pinball discussion, the last pinball manufacturer has declared bankruptcy and may close its doors.  
- - -

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2008, 01:35:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelBates

quote:
Originally posted by SXSW

I'm hoping that stretch of Elgin right there will be a new center for activity for the Blue Dome district and the area around the future ballpark.  Elgin is the link between OSU, the ballpark, and Blue Dome so there is potential.  Looking forward to trying the pizza sometime.

With some careful development on surface parking lots, Elgin could be the new Main Street.

Agreed. One of the primary reasons that Elgin and the Blue Dome area is doing well is that the stock of smaller one and two-story buildings lend themselves perfectly to these types of uses. Small entrepreneurs can make a go of their start-ups without getting lost in the lobby of an office tower.

The shame is that it's exactly these one- and two-story buildings that have been lost throughout much of downtown. Even where there are still buildings in the core, the small little surface lots sprinkled throughout were almost all small buildings that housed restaurants and retail. They're gone now, so the cool little businesses have no choice BUT to go to the Blue Dome, Brady or 3rd & Kenosha area. There's nowhere else for them to go in the core.

Want an exception that proves the rule? Elote. Cool little place run by a 27-year-old entrepreneur. Where did she open? The Day Building a two-story building (designed by Bruce Goff). It's one of the few small buildings left in the core.

Viva Elgin!
wordherder
« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2008, 03:09:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

In reference the above pinball discussion, the last pinball manufacturer has declared bankruptcy and may close its doors.  
- - -

Really?  Sigh... I miss seeing pinball games around.  Hell, I miss being able to wander into a gas station or grocery store and find several cool arcade games.  Nowadays all you can find are the same bore-donkey golf games at sports bars.  

At any rate, while video games live on at home, when pinball vanishes it's gone for good.  One more reason I'm REALLY looking forward to this joint opening up.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2008, 10:29:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

Want an exception that proves the rule? Elote. Cool little place run by a 27-year-old entrepreneur. Where did she open? The Day Building a two-story building (designed by Bruce Goff). It's one of the few small buildings left in the core.

Viva Elgin!

FYI: Elote's new paint job:

ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2008, 09:30:02 am »

I wish Momma would come already! (because it seems this thred has been here for EVER!)

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2008, 09:44:36 am »

Heh, I made some comment to the proprietor as I walked by a couple weeks ago. To paraphrase "I wish you were open, I have to walk past and eat Mexican food!"  And we did.  Pizza would have been better.

He is clearly losing patience, I'm sure the start-up period is the most painful as money is going out...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2008, 09:59:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

I wish Momma would come already! (because it seems this thred has been here for EVER!)

Less than a week to go.
brianh
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2008, 01:25:09 pm »

The place almost looked open last night.  I saw a bunch of people working in there on the way home.  Looks like a nice place for lunch too.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2008, 01:59:27 pm »

He is going to have Wi-Fi and during March Madness have "hookie contests" with prizes for people who are at Joe Momma's instead of in the office.

Mmm.. telecommuting...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2008, 03:03:08 pm »

I am tired of waiting.

I am telling his Momma...

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2008, 08:56:50 pm »

Maybe we should start a line of "Joe Momma" jokes...

Joe Momma's so stupid, it took 2 hours to watch 60 minutes.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2008, 12:01:47 am »

Joe Momma's so slow she can't even catch her own breath.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2008, 12:47:06 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

took 2 hours to watch 60 minutes.

It's called TiVo and a wife who won't shut up.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
bmuscotty
Civic Leader

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2008, 06:21:38 pm »

quote:
Maybe we should start a line of "Joe Momma" jokes...

They did a contest like that at the Tulsa Talons games...

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2008, 08:17:12 pm »

I want to be the first in line to get one of the Joe Momma's white cheese pizzas. I think it is called the "Betty White" pizza.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org