A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:17:03 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momma has come  (Read 35340 times)
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2008, 08:29:30 am »

The sign looks awesome outside... looks inviting! Smiley I can't wait to come have a bite!

tulsacyclist
Civic Leader

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2008, 09:21:58 am »

I might walk over and check it out today. I might have to grab a game or two of pinball too.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2008, 09:33:11 am »

The hell with pinball.

I want a damn pie.

Please tell me you are close to opening so I can buy one of those white cheese pizzas.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2008, 10:08:03 am »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

The hell with pinball.

I want a damn pie.

Please tell me you are close to opening so I can buy one of those white cheese pizzas.

T-Minus 7 days (ish)
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2008, 08:36:44 am »

Thought I would snap a few pics of the area and the new sign (albeit from bad angles) on my way to work this morning... here you go! I also found a creepy cutout guy guarding one of the abandoned warehouses next door.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 08:43:21 am by EricP » Logged

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2008, 11:46:38 am »

I'm hoping that stretch of Elgin right there will be a new center for activity for the Blue Dome district and the area around the future ballpark.  Elgin is the link between OSU, the ballpark, and Blue Dome so there is potential.  Looking forward to trying the pizza sometime.

EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2008, 01:11:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by SXSW

I'm hoping that stretch of Elgin right there will be a new center for activity for the Blue Dome district and the area around the future ballpark.  Elgin is the link between OSU, the ballpark, and Blue Dome so there is potential.  Looking forward to trying the pizza sometime.

It sure looks like it has potential, doesn't it? The whole block seems to be coming to life..

dsjeffries
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2008, 01:21:50 pm »

Looking at those pictures only reminds me of how bad above-ground utilities make our city look... Like post-war Berlin.

But the sign is very cool, indeed!
EricP
Civic Leader

« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2008, 02:08:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dsjeffries

Looking at those pictures only reminds me of how bad above-ground utilities make our city look... Like post-war Berlin.

But the sign is very cool, indeed!

For some reason having the electric wires everywhere gives the blue dome some character in my mind. Seems kind of old school.. maybe because it is Smiley

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2008, 02:26:01 pm »

The more I see it the more I think Joe Momma's needs to paint the front wall to seperate them from the various workshops next door.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2008, 03:21:45 pm »

+1 on keeping the brick.  Painted brick is a pet peeve of mine - the point of brick is to look good and be maintenance free.  Painting it removes the aesthetic appeal while creating a new maintenance problem.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2008, 03:43:03 pm »

Can't wait for this to open! Smiley
USRufnex
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2008, 06:29:56 pm »

mkay.....

A 25th anniversary replay of Soccer Bowl 1983 --  Tulsa Roughnecks vs Toronto Blizzard on that big screen would be suuuuper schweeeeeeeeet!  And I might know someone who has a DVD of the original broadcast.... [Wink]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 06:31:57 pm by USRufnex » Logged
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2008, 09:15:44 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

The more I see it the more I think Joe Momma's needs to paint the front wall to seperate them from the various workshops next door.

no I wouldn't.  The one thing my vendors from out west LOVE to see is all of our brick.  I guess because they don't have any/it is expensive.  keep it natural.

I believe it's already painted, just painted red.
MichaelBates
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2008, 10:11:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by SXSW

With some careful development on surface parking lots, Elgin could be the new Main Street.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org