A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:56:13 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Momma has come  (Read 35344 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2008, 03:32:26 pm »

Let us know when you are settled in enough to handle a Tulsa Now lunch (usually a whole 5-10 people).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 07:35:13 pm »

I like that white cheese pizza that you make at your other location. What all is in that one?

I want the first one out of the oven in the new location. I'll pay in advance.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 08:29:40 am »

RM, that white cheese is the food of the gods.  That is Provel cheese, right outta St. Louis, VERY difficult to find if you are NOT in St. Louis.  Also known as "Italian Velveeta", this search has taken me to 2 states in quest for it's smokey flavor and melty properties. I lately have had to sate myself with balls of Lovera's Caciocavallo.

However, this is a special appreciation you have, one that others may scoff at, calling St. Louis pizza "Crap on a cracker" and other horrible things. [B)] Stay strong, and be confident that your cheese has stood the test of time and long after others are gone, Provel will still be melting.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 09:48:35 am »

Open, open

Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by dsjeffries

Saw the sign about a month ago and forgot to post about it!  From the details on the website, it sounds pretty Kick-A.

And you know what usually follows pizza places? Bowling alleys [Wink]

RedPin Bowling is a REALLY COOL bowling alley that our company just installed a system in around Nov. of last year.  It's located in BrickTown in OKC.  It's kind of a yuppy bowling alley feel.  Food is good, full bar, & cool music.

Would go great in our downtown!!

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:45 pm »

Hey all -

Thanks again for your interest!

We're getting really close. I'd say we'll be done with construction next week and will be training and getting ready to open around the end of the month.

Keep your fingers crossed for us that the final round of permits goes well!

We'll see you soon. Trust me that I'm as ready as you are to get open.

In the meantime, my managers have discovered the White Rabbit. Look it up and check it out. It's a sandwich type place in the Brady District.

Hugs,
Blake

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2008, 04:42:18 pm »

I am tiring of waiting, PizzaBoy.

Give us a hint of your menu. Tell me about one of your specialty pizzas on your website...the one called "The Best Pizza in the World".

On your website, you say, "trust me, this pizza is freaking good".

Can I trust you? Is it really the best in the whole world?

Steve
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2008, 04:55:53 pm »

I remember the time back in the 1960's when I was a kid that pizza was a rare unusual special treat in the days of Ken's original "Pizza Parlor" or even Shotgun Sams, but today to me, pizza is as common as McDonalds or Sonic, regardless of the source.  Today when I desire pizza, I just pull a Red Baron or DiGornio out of the freezer and have fresh hot pizza at half the cost or less of eating out.  To me, pizza is just fast food, much more economical to prepare at home.  And you can always "doctor" a frozen pizza to your liking, way cheaper than delivery or eating out.

Eating out is highly overrated.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:04:33 pm by Steve » Logged
Miss Solemnis
Citizen

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2008, 05:42:08 pm »

Steve, trust me when I say a frozen pizza is no comparison to a fresh pizza hot from a hearth oven.  But to each his own.  If you want to compare, I'll buy you a Joe Momma's of your choice when Blake gets the downtown location open.  Smiley

RM, he's not lying when he says that pizza is "freaking good."  As a rule, that topping combo wouldn't attract me, but Blake had his guys make one when he and I were in a meeting one day and it was fantastic!

Can't wait until he's open.  Both the food and the atmosphere are going to be outstanding!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 10:27:36 am »

Steve,

That is subjective.  I enjoy eating out very much and I'm a good cook.  I've doctored my frozens and made fresh pizza.  I've not beaten good pizza shops.

If I owned a brick oven...maybe.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 11:33:17 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I remember the time back in the 1960's when I was a kid that pizza was a rare unusual special treat in the days of Ken's original "Pizza Parlor" or even Shotgun Sams, but today to me, pizza is as common as McDonalds or Sonic, regardless of the source.  Today when I desire pizza, I just pull a Red Baron or DiGornio out of the freezer and have fresh hot pizza at half the cost or less of eating out.  To me, pizza is just fast food, much more economical to prepare at home.  And you can always "doctor" a frozen pizza to your liking, way cheaper than delivery or eating out.

What was the name of the pizza place on Admiral just west of Mingo that is now the Vegas Club?  I remember pretty vividly that being a pizza place, but maybe I'm wrong...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2008, 11:48:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I disagree. I love being waited on.

I think three or four of my next wives will be waitresses.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2008, 02:58:31 pm »

Look forward to you being open, let me know when a good time will be for me to come take some pictures so I can get you on TulsaFinds. Also you have any exterior pictures of your other location? (Off topic but wanted to ask and being to lazy to write a PM.)

Thank you,
Robert Town
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 11:59:47 pm »

We're down at the new location all day every day. Any of you should feel free to stop by and check the place out. We don't seem to get tired of giving tours.

If you're lucky, we may even have some beer in the cooler.

See ya soon!

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2008, 06:35:52 am »

If you plug in the Simpsons pinball machine, you might start making income...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org