A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:44:59 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th and Harvard....  (Read 19665 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2008, 01:11:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71
I've got dead chickens and some ribs smoking right now.

Smoking live chickens would be so wrong.

Power is nothing till you use it.
mrhaskellok
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2008, 01:15:43 pm »

quote:

Mmm...just think of the smell.  Oh wait, you already live in Tulsa.

Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.  [Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy]
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:02 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71
I've got dead chickens and some ribs smoking right now.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 01:04:40 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 11:56:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Duke

Hey thanks yall for stopping by and supporting our little market. Our prices will change from week to week due to market pricing and the price of gas...grrrrrr..... it takes fuel to get the product here and thus freight keeps getting higher. Remember we have coupons on the site for you to print www.harvardmeats.com
many thanks.

just picked up some 2lb top sirloin's this morning to grill tonight.  They looked great.  We are having the parents/grandparents over this weekend for mother's day so we will need some ground beef for burgers, etc.  Duke, if that was you that helped me this morning, thank you! Appreciate it.  Will be back probably friday afternoon/evening.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2008, 06:11:07 pm »

I finally stopped in to by some dead animals to grill. Met Duke and talked about TulsaNow...

The steaks were expensive, at least compared to my recollection of what I paid at Warehouse Market. I felt I was worth it so I picked out three and then added a couple of bison burgers as well.

I went home and fired up the grill and had the little woman bake some potatoes. Took the first bite and smiled...

You can sure tell the difference of a good cut of meat. These were thick cut and trimmed just right. I was happy to pay a little extra for organic and these convinced me to splurge next time as well.

As we left, they offered a free apple or orange to my kids. It was a nice touch, especially since it got them away from his ice cream counter.

I also bought some thick bacon to cook in the morning to help make a good Mother's day breakfast with the kids...I will let you know how it turns out. It was reasonably priced, in fact with the 10% coupon I printed out from his website, was cheaper than the organic bacon I bought at Whole Foods the week before.

Good Job, Duke. I would say Well Done, but I prefer my steaks medium rare.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 01:28:19 pm »

I finally was able to stop in and sample the beef.  The dry aged ribeye was phenomenal--pretty just brought it up to medium rare temperature and let the beef speak for itself.  It was bold and rich and awesome.  And $11.99/lb?  That's like half the price of Central Market.

I'll be back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org