A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:54:21 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th and Harvard....  (Read 19707 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 10:57:25 pm »

I smoked the chicken and the ribs.  Outstanding.  Finally some quality ribs other than at Perry's.

You have to get used to the whole birds, non-hormone chicken has rather smallish breasts, but what all meat is there was outstanding.

I'm hooked.

See you this week, Duke.

Grizz call me when you are heading by the next time, I'll give you a tour of the "Ponderosa".

I managed to support quite a few of the local businesses along 15th St. and down Harvard over the weekend.  Hit up the chocolatier, the meat market, Urban Garden (finding interesting succulents to make arrangements with), an antique store for more planting pots, Merritts, bead shop, etc.

Nice weekend for it.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 11:00:05 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 05:17:23 am »

Flower Arrangments?
Bead Shop?

Can you call your digs "the ponderosa" sounds more like Hobby Lobby.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Flower Arrangments?
Bead Shop?

No floral arrangements- succulents as in cacti, aloe, & agave.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 08:35:59 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Flower Arrangments?
Bead Shop?

No floral arrangements- succulents as in cacti, aloe, & agave.

I am skilled at dealing with plants I can kill Cactus. That is real talent.
Duke
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 04:20:08 pm »

Hey thanks yall for stopping by and supporting our little market. Our prices will change from week to week due to market pricing and the price of gas...grrrrrr..... it takes fuel to get the product here and thus freight keeps getting higher. Remember we have coupons on the site for you to print www.harvardmeats.com
many thanks.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 04:28:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Duke

Hey thanks yall for stopping by and supporting our little market. Our prices will change from week to week due to market pricing and the price of gas...grrrrrr..... it takes fuel to get the product here and thus freight keeps getting higher. Remember we have coupons on the site for you to print www.harvardmeats.com
many thanks.

Just went in yesterday.  Enjoyed the steaks and cheese.

Be back soon.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 09:12:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Duke

many thanks.

The ribs you get are cut with minimal fat (which is good, I'm just getting used to a better quality over Reasor's when I haven't had the patience to wait @ Perry's on Friday afternoon).  I got to adjust my smoking time, I damn near turned this Saturday's rack into jerky!

Keep up the good work, Duke.  Did you guys talk to Swan's out in Claremore about carrying their cheese?

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2008, 07:48:50 am »

Stopped in and got some fresh bread, cheese, butter, and chicken breast.   All was VERY good.  The breast was more tender and juicy than any other I have had.

Will be back!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by thefaustfive

Harvard Meats is painted on the side...anyone know what's going?

Also, what's happening at the old Saffron Coffee Shop?  

One more...what are they doing under the BA at 21st near Borders?

Thanks!

bought 8 pounds of pork butt there last week.  The meat was very nicely marbled.  I smoked it up (13 hours in the Brinkman) and it was some of the best I've ever made.  

I'll be back.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2008, 08:51:44 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Markk

quote:

Thanks!

bought 8 pounds of pork butt there last week.  The meat was very nicely marbled.  I smoked it up (13 hours in the Brinkman) and it was some of the best I've ever made.  

I'll be back.

Mark, what style Brinkman (i.e. indirect or vertical), what temp, and how many hours?

mrhaskellok
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:24:35 pm »

If you haven't check out http://www.stonebluffbeef.com/

They are a great local provider.  Know these folks...good people.

Congrats on your business!  I was just talking to my wife about it and with your military discount that will beat anything we are paying now.

She will be the cute blonde coming by.  

[Cheesy]
Markk
Civic Leader

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 09:29:28 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks!

I'll be back.

Mark, what style Brinkman (i.e. indirect or vertical), what temp, and how many hours?

Vertical
225-250
13 hours  (to get to an internal temp of 185 F)
hickory chunks, soaked overnight

I will NEVER divulge my sauce recipe.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 10:49:14 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks!

I'll be back.

Vertical
225-250
13 hours  (to get to an internal temp of 185 F)
hickory chunks, soaked overnight

I will NEVER divulge my sauce recipe.

Point is w/ que- if the meat is done right, needs no sauce. [8D]

I was given a Brinkman, it was easier to get home than the smoke-box style which was given to me.  I have fought to keep it under 250 and over 200 at varying times.  Once I leanrn it (keeping a diary from now on).  I've also observed it enough to figure out the coal pan and dampeners and calced heat loss through the door.  Okay, more esoteric stuff than you thought you'd hear.  I'd be interested to see your set up.  I tried pork butt firs two runs on the smoker this year, finished them in the oven to get them right.

I don't care to dominate your time with my cooking questions, but please, drop me a PM and let's get in touch.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2008, 07:02:03 pm »

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I finally grilled some HM ribeyes last night- those rocked!

I've got dead chickens and some ribs smoking right now.

Keep it up Duke, you've made a great impression on people.

Duke
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2008, 12:58:30 pm »

I was unaware of stonebluff beef thanks for the tip, I will see if they can provide what I need!
Glad yall like the food please feel free to provide any bad feedback too if you have any. That way I can get a good idea of what people  like and do not like. Thats how we improve!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:41:27 pm by Duke » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org