A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:44:36 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15th and Harvard....  (Read 19663 times)
thefaustfive
« on: March 28, 2008, 05:29:29 pm »

Harvard Meats is painted on the side...anyone know what's going?

Also, what's happening at the old Saffron Coffee Shop?  

One more...what are they doing under the BA at 21st near Borders?

Thanks!
Duke
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:56 pm »

Harvard Meats on 15th and Harvard is an all natural and organic meat market. They will turn the all natural and organic market around here in Tulsa. Their prices will rival all the conventional stores prices and completly blow away WholeFoods/Wild Oats prices.
They are the only ones in the state of Oklahoma to carry the Beelers brand pork and the Painted hills angus beef. Those two alone are the most respected all natural and organic suppliers in the country. They are also going to offer a 10% discount to all seniors and police officers and firemen/women and EMT and Military EVERY DAY! Why do I know so much.... I'm the owner "Duke Dinsmore"! Pleased to meet everyone. Feel free to visit us at www.harvardmeats.com for more information and our grand opening date.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 11:58:44 pm »

Sounds like a place I'll have to try out.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 10:06:20 am »

quote:
what are they doing under the BA at 21st near Borders?

The overpass is crumbling and they're trying to save it.
Too many years of diverting road funding to other things (small town main street beautifications come to mind) are taking it's toll.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 12:12:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Duke

Harvard Meats on 15th and Harvard is an all natural and organic meat market. They will turn the all natural and organic market around here in Tulsa. Their prices will rival all the conventional stores prices and completly blow away WholeFoods/Wild Oats prices.
They are the only ones in the state of Oklahoma to carry the Beelers brand pork and the Painted hills angus beef. Those two alone are the most respected all natural and organic suppliers in the country. They are also going to offer a 10% discount to all seniors and police officers and firemen/women and EMT and Military EVERY DAY! Why do I know so much.... I'm the owner "Duke Dinsmore"! Pleased to meet everyone. Feel free to visit us at www.harvardmeats.com for more information and our grand opening date.

AWESOME! GO DUKESTER!
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 01:57:47 pm »

quote:

Sounds outstanding.  Can't wait to shop!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 08:21:21 am »

quote:

Whooohoo!  I brought this place up in me "Harvard" thread a week or so ago but could find no information (you don't have a registered agent listed with SOS!).  Yesterday I needed some meat for supper and drove by on the off chance that it was open.

When do you plan on opening?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 08:54:29 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

When do you plan on opening?

/according to the web site, the opening date is April 19th.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 08:59:34 am »

Yeah, the prices on fresh meat at Wild Oats border on grand larceny. NaturalFarms is better but not amazing. I would like to find a reasonable price on ground beef. Of course, after buying 20 pounds of organic ground turkey at homeland last friday for $1/lb, I might not need anything for awhile. It was frozen, not fresh though.
Duke
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:26:12 am »

We plan to have ads out for our grand opening on the 19th of April. However... it appears we may have product in sooner than expected so it may be around the 10th-12th of april..as soon as we open their will be a large Grand Opening banner in the front of the building. Inspections have been completed and we have the OK to operate at any moment but we are still lining out our product and pricing. A few prices to think about: 85% Ground Chuck 2.99 Lb. T-bone-10.99 Lb. Ribeye and NY strip 10.99 Lb. London Broil-2.99 Lb. Chuck roast 2.99 Lb Just these items alone are several dollard per LB less than Wild Oats and compare with Wal-Mart and Reasors for conventional beef. Not to mention we have a 10% off coupon on our site you can print and save more if you bring it in.
www.harvardmeats.com We are starting small and will grow as sales allow us too. Thank you all for your interest..
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 03:05:57 pm »

quote:

We plan to have ads out for our grand opening on the 19th of April. However... it appears we may have product in sooner than expected so it may be around the 10th-12th of april..as soon as we open their will be a large Grand Opening banner in the front of the building. Inspections have been completed and we have the OK to operate at any moment but we are still lining out our product and pricing. A few prices to think about: 85% Ground Chuck 2.99 Lb. T-bone-10.99 Lb. Ribeye and NY strip 10.99 Lb. London Broil-2.99 Lb. Chuck roast 2.99 Lb Just these items alone are several dollard per LB less than Wild Oats and compare with Wal-Mart and Reasors for conventional beef. Not to mention we have a 10% off coupon on our site you can print and save more if you bring it in.
www.harvardmeats.com We are starting small and will grow as sales allow us too. Thank you all for your interest..

Duke, I'm a major carnivore and live VERY close.  I expect we will meet pretty much soon as you get the doors open.  I'll spread the word around the 'hood.

We'd been joking that maybe Harvard Meats was a strip club for women.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Duke
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:42:33 am »

Great... I look forward to it!
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 11:50:57 am »

Will any of the meat come from local sources?

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 07:16:12 pm »

quote:

Quick question for you, now will you be serving lunch/dinner or just more or less a meat shop?  I don't live close (111th and hwy 75) but I am sure the fiancee and I will be seeing you quite often as well.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Duke
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:36:21 pm »

as to local product, I am in the process of making some deals with several local ranchers to supply Beef, pork and chicken. As well as lamb and farm fresh eggs. Also I am making deals with local Bread makers and local produce farmers. There is a great deal of difficulty in making local product available to the public. Everything sold in a place like ours has to carry a state and or USDA inspection tag. So we are making those arrangments. But in short... yes we will be having local product when it is available to us to purchase. On the same note most farmers cannot meet the demand a market needs so local product is going to sporidic at best.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org