A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:53:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitter Square  (Read 2239 times)
joiei
City Father

« on: March 28, 2008, 01:00:01 pm »

Does anyone know what is developing next to the Circle Cinema on the corner?  It looks like they are totally rehabbing the old Mexican restaurant.  New glass, new windows.  It would be nice to have a place to stop by after going to a movie there without having to drive.  And it will definitely be a plus for the neighborhood.  

Also, I noticed at Lewis and Pine someone has put in a new foundation on the northeast corner.  Any ideas?  

And Hasty Bake is further expanding their site.  

The Baums is coming along, they were putting in driveways today.  

Now if they would just repave Lewis from 31st to Pine.  That stretch of road has some serious potholes.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
breitee
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:56:48 am »

Whittier Square and the entire Kendall Whittier neighborhood will need enormous amounts of money to become attractive again. I just don't see where that money will be coming from. I wish it could return to the glory years but I'm afraid it will never happen.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 02:44:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by joiei

Does anyone know what is developing next to the Circle Cinema on the corner?  It looks like they are totally rehabbing the old Mexican restaurant.  New glass, new windows.  It would be nice to have a place to stop by after going to a movie there without having to drive.  And it will definitely be a plus for the neighborhood.  

It's going to be a coffee shop.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org