A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 206140 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2016, 04:49:05 pm »

Temper your enthusiasm. While this would be awesome, it sounds like there are still a lot of moving pieces before it is locked into place. Lots of credit to the Ross Group for wanting to get things locked up before making an official announcement.  Seems like many people tend to do the opposite.

Perhaps the Mayor's Office should issue an official moratorium on pre-mature official announcements, at least until Jeff Speck has a chance to complete his downtown walkability analysis (with the hope that Mr. Speck will include some recommendations on best practices for making official announcements in his downtown walkability study official report).
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2016, 05:44:32 pm »

Tulsa Club building revitalization plan calls for boutique hotel, restaurant and retail space

So Petty's and Miss Jacksons are moving in?

/ Wink

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »

Perhaps the Mayor's Office should issue an official moratorium on pre-mature official announcements, at least until Jeff Speck has a chance to complete his downtown walkability analysis (with the hope that Mr. Speck will include some recommendations on best practices for making official announcements in his downtown walkability study official report).

Who is the Blue love is Jeff Speck and why do you name drop him in everyone of your post....

Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2016, 07:06:46 pm »

So Petty's and Miss Jacksons are moving in?

/ Wink

lol

Don't forget Trula.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:45:51 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
rebound
City Father

« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2016, 06:27:59 am »

Who is the Blue love is Jeff Speck and why do you name drop him in everyone of your post....

Dude,  "Do you even read?"

These threads are full of references to who he is and how he is relevant here.   And of course, there is the internets.  You could look him up...

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2016, 08:32:48 am »

Dude,  "Do you even read?"

These threads are full of references to who he is and how he is relevant here.   And of course, there is the internets.  You could look him up...

I think he was getting a belly-full of the Jeff Speck name drop one, two, or three times in Bamboo’s posts.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2016, 11:37:57 am »

The Tulsa Club folded in 1994, and the building fell into disrepair. C.J. Moroney, a California investor, purchased the building three years later.

"Investor"?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2016, 11:39:15 am »

Among the oldest structures in downtown Tulsa, the 92,220-square-foot, 11-story building was constructed in 1927 as a joint venture between the Tulsa Club and the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce. Architect Bruce Goff designed the Zig-Zag Art Deco structure.

Tulsa Chamber of Commerce must've been a different beast in 1927.
davideinstein
« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2016, 01:28:09 pm »

If we had more Warren Ross' in town we would be way better off.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2016, 02:02:10 pm »

If we had more Warren Ross' in town we would be way better off.

Or more Jeff Speck!

Smiley
davideinstein
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2016, 02:08:14 pm »

Or more Jeff Speck!

Smiley

Both would be fine. Just get rid of the politicians.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »

Or more Jeff Speck!

Smiley

via Imgflip Meme Generator

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »

He's a 50ish city planner, author, and purported metrosexual.

Of my 1300+ posts on the TulsaNow Forum, I've mentioned him by name in approximately 1% of the total, usually when I feel it's appropriate to mention him by name, but sometimes just for fun, and sometimes when I'm all alone, thinking about him, or glancing teary-eyed at the small photo of him that he gave me to savor and cherish, as I fondly remember those precious, fleeting moments he and I shared together.

Thank you for inquiry and have a wonderful day.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2016, 09:00:56 pm »

Of my 1300+ posts on the TulsaNow Forum, I've mentioned him by name in approximately 1% of the total, usually when I feel it's appropriate to mention him by name, but sometimes just for fun, and sometimes when I'm all alone, thinking about him, or glancing teary-eyed at the small photo of him that he gave me to savor and cherish, as I fondly remember those precious, fleeting moments he and I shared together.

I walk all over downtown with no troubles......I hope the city is not paying this dude to do a study....

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2016, 09:02:02 pm »

Lets see the percentage in your last 20 post....

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org