A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:43:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 206130 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2015, 05:45:39 pm »

Congrats William!

http://www.fox23.com/videos/news/video-tulsa-landmark-sold-for-1-million/vDbtb5/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2015, 07:34:49 am »

Great interview William!

Also, glad to hear that the previous owner did a bunch of behind the scenes work on the building. Core work is expensive, but not pretty.

Really optimistic now. TulsaNow should reach out to the Ross Group and get the scoop!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2015, 09:39:38 am »

Fingers crossed...!!   (Hoping for good stuff there...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #303 on: October 02, 2015, 11:37:14 am »

Dream of another Mayo Hotel & Residences and your dream just might come true.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2015, 06:45:28 am »

That's a good dream. Can I dream that the Sinclair building will be turned into lofts with ground floor retail?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2015, 09:02:43 am »

That's a good dream. Can I dream that the Sinclair building will be turned into lofts with ground floor retail?

As soon as I win the lottery.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #306 on: December 17, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »

We all know the Tulsa Club building has moved toward something...just not sure what.

So the abundant life building...how's that going?  Anyone know?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #307 on: December 18, 2015, 08:17:46 pm »

We all know the Tulsa Club building has moved toward something...just not sure what.

So the abundant life building...how's that going?  Anyone know?

The likelihood it burns down or falls over increases daily, and given the roof situation that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »

The likelihood it burns down or falls over increases daily, and given the roof situation that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

I was hoping for a quicker demise than that
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #309 on: January 04, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

I was hoping for a quicker demise than that

Apparently its life is truly abundant
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #310 on: January 04, 2016, 02:22:11 pm »

Apparently its life is truly abundant

A life covered in excrement. 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2016, 03:16:52 pm »

Thank you Ross Group...again!!

Tulsa Club building revitalization plan calls for boutique hotel, restaurant and retail space

Photo gallery: 24 downtown development projects you should know about

Tulsa-based Ross Group has laid out plans for a $24 million conversion of the long-empty and historic Tulsa Club building into a boutique hotel plus restaurant and retail space, documents show.

The proposal for the building, 115 E. Fifth St., is pending the approval of incentives that include a six-year tax abatement totaling roughly $1.693 million, according to the Tulsa Development Authority. The TDA recently issued a resolution in support of the tax abatement application under provisions of the Tulsa County Local Development Act, which can grant tax relief in certain areas to stimulate reinvestment.

The project calls for the structure to be historically renovated to house 98 boutique hotel rooms on floors 1 through 8, restaurant and retail on the 1st floor (6,800 square feet), and restaurant and bar space on the 11th floor (5,400 square feet), documents show.

The hotel rooms would be managed by Promise Hotels under Hilton's Curio brand. Under the renovation, the ballroom on the ninth floor also would be restored.

Federal and state historic tax credits are being sought for the renovation, records indicate.

Reached via email, Ross Group President and CEO Warren Ross to the Tulsa World, "It is premature to make a statement regarding the potential development."

Ross Group purchased the building, which has sat vacant for 22 years, for $1.5 million in September.

Among the oldest structures in downtown Tulsa, the 92,220-square-foot, 11-story building was constructed in 1927 as a joint venture between the Tulsa Club and the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce. Architect Bruce Goff designed the Zig-Zag Art Deco structure.

The Chamber of Commerce occupied the first five floors for 25 years, and the Tulsa Club filled the upper six with dining halls, dormitories, a gymnasium, a barber shop, and various lounges and libraries.

The top floor housed the Sky Terrace, which was used for luncheons and seated about 100 people, and the building was capped with a rooftop garden.

The Tulsa Club folded in 1994, and the building fell into disrepair. C.J. Moroney, a California investor, purchased the building three years later.

After dozens of break-ins and multiple fires, the city of Tulsa eventually targeted the building as a public nuisance and, at the start of 2008, began fining Moroney $1,000 per day until the building was brought up to code. The fines reached $330,000 and the city was granted legal permission to begin foreclosure proceedings.

A long string of legal battles, including two bankruptcy filings, delayed a sheriff’s auction of the building until April 2013, when local businessman Josh Barrett bought the structure.

rhett.morgan@tulsaworld.com

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2016, 03:38:21 pm »

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2016, 03:48:25 pm »

Huge, just huge.

One of Tulsa's greatest buildings, right there with the Adams Hotel and Boston Avenue Methodist.

The Ross group is doing great work here in town. 
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2016, 04:31:50 pm »

Temper your enthusiasm. While this would be awesome, it sounds like there are still a lot of moving pieces before it is locked into place. Lots of credit to the Ross Group for wanting to get things locked up before making an official announcement.  Seems like many people tend to do the opposite.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org