A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 206199 times)
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:50 am »

This building must be saved somehow.....I no longer live in Tulsa.  Moved to Dallas years ago when Tulsa was tearing everything down and the old fart, 'no taxes for Tulsa' crowd was in its ascendancy.  Will this Bruce Goff masterpiece go the way of so many other outstanding Tulsa buildings?  There seems to be an almost suicidal bent among certain Tulsans to eradicate anything historic.  I didn't get it then and I certainly don't understand it now when almost every city in America, large and small is saving and re-purposing their downtowns.  Hopefully, as others have suggested, BrickHugger may take it on.

The anti-tax thing here is maniacal. Even when a city down the pike shows how judiciously used taxation can improve your quality of life and give you more opportunity we continue to rationalize (we're prettier you know). Most of us don't mind additional property tax, sales tax etc. if its used to better our lives. Instead we have fees everywhere, increasing water/sewer rates, EMSA increases and still get poor services. However, we're politically pure conservative. God loves us best.

onward...through the fog
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: July 23, 2014, 02:52:50 pm »

Meet the new owner... Same as the old owner?  Tulsa Club for Sale for $1.35 million.

He bought it a couple years ago for $460k.  Looked at some possibilities, decides his life is going in a different direction, and lists it for 3x what he paid.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the recently announced TIF decisions that didn't include the Tulsa Club: http://m.tulsaworld.com/opinionhomepage2/tulsa-world-editorial-downtown-tax-abatements-created/article_f93c4c41-ba3b-5d48-9cbc-57e1fb3d88cc.html?mode=jqm

BUT... At that price it sits for another decade.  A year ago he was the high bidder at 1/3 that price.  What has tripplee the value since?  Another building that will sit with a ridiculous price on it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2014, 03:10:40 pm »

He might as well have listed it for 1.35 billion.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2014, 03:43:14 pm »

What has tripplee the value since?

window board treatments by our very own The Artist.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2014, 04:15:23 pm »

window board treatments by our very own The Artist.

Hate to tell you... But those were scraped off.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2014, 05:35:31 pm »

Scraped off?  As in scraped off the paint or ripped the boards off?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
davideinstein
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2014, 07:27:44 pm »

Sick of paper pushers ruining Downtown. Get these buildings alive or get the hell out.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2014, 11:00:17 pm »

Meet the new owner... Same as the old owner?  Tulsa Club for Sale for $1.35 million.

He bought it a couple years ago for $460k.  Looked at some possibilities, decides his life is going in a different direction, and lists it for 3x what he paid.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the recently announced TIF decisions that didn't include the Tulsa Club: http://m.tulsaworld.com/opinionhomepage2/tulsa-world-editorial-downtown-tax-abatements-created/article_f93c4c41-ba3b-5d48-9cbc-57e1fb3d88cc.html?mode=jqm

BUT... At that price it sits for another decade.  A year ago he was the high bidder at 1/3 that price.  What has tripplee the value since?  Another building that will sit with a ridiculous price on it.

Jackass.  I hope he’s got the money to pay the taxes and assessments for the next couple of decades.  Hate to say it, but it’s probably more valuable as more surface parking for the churches to the east by the time economics meet reality.  bucking shame.  Send me his home address so I can toilet paper his trees.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2014, 11:27:26 pm »

Jackass.  I hope he’s got the money to pay the taxes and assessments for the next couple of decades.  Hate to say it, but it’s probably more valuable as more surface parking for the churches to the east by the time economics meet reality.  bucking shame.  Send me his home address so I can toilet paper his trees.

A few results come up
https://www.google.com/maps/@36.137,-95.976786,3a,75y,172.02h,91.79t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sqE6VQ8igRk2kPCINYmlljA!2e0!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2112+E+52nd+St,+Tulsa,+OK+74105/@36.087455,-95.961575,3a,90y,179.21h,73.79t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sX5YYdq_425myWamuM7trEA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x87b693134fd08643:0xc7e5d8f22f1b372c!6m1!1e1
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2014, 06:41:28 am »

I know, lets get 10-15 mill from the next tax package and I will turn it into the Tulsa Art Deco Museum.   I would use that money to gut what needed to be gutted (huge boilers and such in the basement bigger than a semi that will have to be cut down and taken out), fix the roof and elevators, and then get the first few floors and perhaps the ballroom finished out and have electrical/plumbing fixed in those and in such a way that the upper floors can be done later.  Rent out some of the first floor for offices/retail and have some ground floor space for an entrance/gift shop for the museum, then use one floor to start and reserve another of the floors above that have some really large rooms as museum space, then rent out other spaces on one more floor for offices (total of 3 lower floors to finish out at first) and also bring the ballroom/main dining back to life.  Then as income allows finish up another floor or two at a time to rent out as lofts (more expensive to do that way but do as much as we get money for in the initial stash).  Eventually the museum could take up say like the second and third floors and part of the first, like the main entry and lobby and the main ballroom would serve as part of the attraction, and the retail (including a ground floor museum gift shop) and living/dining would be income to sustain the museum.  

10-15mill, even 20, would be a bargain compared to what they were wanting for the OK Pop museum and we would be saving a historic building and have a way to eventually make the museum self-sustaining.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #265 on: July 24, 2014, 06:45:33 am »

Still there last time I walked by.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #266 on: July 28, 2014, 12:42:07 pm »

Still there last time I walked by.

I saw them yesterday.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: July 28, 2014, 01:13:15 pm »

I must be thinking of the wrong building on the window dressing.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2014, 09:38:05 pm »

I must be thinking of the wrong building on the window dressing.

I hope I am not about to be insulted.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »

I hope I am not about to be insulted.

Let's check.  What building were you thinking of, CF?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org