A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:02:02 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 207948 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2012, 01:59:14 pm »

Now what happens if the bidding doesn’t exceed the amount of fines owed on it?  Will the city waive any liens or will TDA end up with it and it sits fallow for another 10 years?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2012, 02:00:11 pm »

I will hold my expectations low just in case.

Sadly, as will I. As amazing as it would be to see this building saved, it may not be economically feasible. If it absolutely cannot be reclaimed, I hope that something amazing will take its place.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2012, 02:01:17 pm »

Now what happens if the bidding doesn’t exceed the amount of fines owed on it?  Will the city waive any liens or will TDA end up with it and it sits fallow for another 10 years?

If the TDA takes possession I will give up all hope.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2012, 02:02:43 pm »

If it absolutely cannot be reclaimed, I hope that something amazing will take its place.

I'm guessing 12 to 15 spaces at $75 to $90 a month.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

Awesome!!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:18 pm »

Could be a great food truck court.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »

Could be a great food truck court.

Irongate would make it too scary.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2012, 03:30:35 pm »

Irongate would make it too scary.

I used to park in the old Tulsa Auto Hotel. Iron Gate always kept that interesting.

With the new no new surface lots law and this going for auction with two buyers apparently already interested maybe there will be good news here.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2012, 09:54:34 am »

I used to park in the old Tulsa Auto Hotel. Iron Gate always kept that interesting.

With the new no new surface lots law and this going for auction with two buyers apparently already interested maybe there will be good news here.

I hope the Sniders are one of them considering they’ve got a track record of getting things done...so far.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2012, 10:44:42 am »

I hope the Sniders are one of them considering they’ve got a track record of getting things done ON THE CHEAP...so far.
The Tulsa Club building must be totally gutted on the inside to be occupied. It's NOT cost effective. Be ready for disappointment all you day dreamers.

Be more concerned about the air you breathe and the water you drink.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2012, 10:46:25 am »

The Tulsa Club building must be totally gutted on the inside to be occupied. It's NOT cost effective. Be ready for disappointment all you day dreamers.

Be more concerned about the air you breathe and the water you drink.

Same problem that the Mayo Hotel building had.  Actually most of it had been gutted.

"Paranoia runs deep, into your life it will creep"

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2012, 10:56:07 am »

Same problem that the Mayo Hotel building had.  Actually most of it had been gutted.

"Paranoia runs deep, into your life it will creep"

That's a lie. The Mayo had been gutted, did not have poison everywhere, did not have a dated and unuseable pool in the basement, did not have  too small of elevator shafts to meet code....the long list goes on.

Conan, when did you become an expert on resurrecting real estate. Is there even a tenant in hand to help cover debt service? Tell us Conan. Is it going to be another mediocre hotel with pathetic management?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2012, 11:51:05 am »

Actually, there's a small hope for the old Tulsa Club.  Cool

Here it is for all you who have no imagination while sitting around espousing vacuous political comments without ever offering solutions. Tongue

Maybe another church welfare group, you know the one's who escape taxes, will buy it and get a wealthy 1%er to contribute $25-50 miilion (tax deduction) and convert the entire building to assisted living apartments and nursing facilities. (you know, a Ken Yazel wet dream Cheesy)...

This idea may not sit well with those of you who want it to be hip. Smiley
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2012, 12:35:56 pm »

I don't really care what becomes of the inside, I just want the building to not be torn down, to have the outside restored, and to be utilized for something.  Anything.  A church run assisted living center is fine.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:43 pm »

That's a lie. The Mayo had been gutted, did not have poison everywhere, did not have a dated and unuseable pool in the basement, did not have  too small of elevator shafts to meet code....the long list goes on.

Conan, when did you become an expert on resurrecting real estate. Is there even a tenant in hand to help cover debt service? Tell us Conan. Is it going to be another mediocre hotel with pathetic management?

Your’s is but one view.  There’s plenty of other expert and more optimistic views on real estate in this town, Clown.  At least two of them from the sounds of it.

Pool issue is easy to fix, asbestos is not that expensive to remediate (I have projects with abatement quite often) and not sure what other poisons are in the building unless you are referring to the air wafting in from the refineries and the chloramine-laced tap water they will have when water service is restored.  

IIRC, there was a PCB issue with the Mayo.  In some ways careless demo can cost a lot more than somewhat of a planned demo.  I’ve not seen the inside of the Tulsa Club building since about 1988 or 1989, so I can’t really offer any more of a guess as to how difficult a reno will be than you can unless you’ve been inside lately.

What’s your issue with the Sniders anyhow?  There’s two buildings which would still be complete eyesores if not for them.  If the Mayo were doing poorly, someone would be calling the note by now.

Secondly, what’s your obsession with a retirement community downtown?  That’s not exactly the demographic who is going to support a lot of street level retail and office space.  I, for one, won’t be retiring downtown nor anywhere close to NE Oklahoma for that matter.  Kiss
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:54:10 pm by Conan71 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org