A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:55:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 206217 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2012, 01:31:19 pm »

I hope this isn't the same Rev. David Horton, otherwise this project may be, uh, dead:

David Gilmore Horton

David Gilmore Horton born July 13, 1943 in New Orleans, passed away February 11, 2012 in Tulsa, OK. He spent many years reaching out to the lost in all walks of life helping them get a leg up in life and sharing Jesus with them. David is survived by wife Jeannine, daughter Lisa, son Chad, daughter-in-law Dana, son Todd, daughter-in-law Michelle, brother Robert, sisterin-law Sally and grandchildren Malia, Cole, Drew, Paige, Caleb, and Kerby. Funeral service to be held 10:30 a.m., Wednesday February 15, 2012 at The Church At Battle Creek Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. In lieu of flowers, donate in honor of David G. Horton, Adoption Fund at the Church at Battle Creek or American Heart Association.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/ourlives/article.aspx?subjectid=426&articleid=20120214_Ob_obsl_8429922

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2012, 01:34:50 pm »

I hope this isn't the same Rev. David Horton, otherwise this project may be, uh, dead:

Well for the love of Pete.  Jesus needs to let some damned one know what they're supposed to do with the old head quarters.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

I loved the part how he was aiming for something that would be right at home in Scottsdale. Way to aim high. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2012, 02:47:05 pm »

Well for the love of Pete.  Jesus needs to let some damned one know what they're supposed to do with the old head quarters.

If that was the same Horton, at least the 900 ft. version of Jesus allowed Oral an extended deadline to raise his money.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2012, 03:49:23 pm »

The Rev. David Horton from the article has a wife named Cherié. The deceased David Horton is survived by wife Jeannine.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »

The Rev. David Horton from the article has a wife named Cherié. The deceased David Horton is survived by wife Jeannine.

Ah, a polygamist.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2012, 04:32:55 pm »

Ahhh! Thanks for that!

You have to admit, that was odd timing for the obit to be in the paper on the same day as the story on the AL building and that the deceased appears to have been a man of God.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2012, 10:44:57 am »

Tulsa Club building to be auctioned at sheriff's sale

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120710_11_0_Aftery645364

After years of haggling with the owner of the Tulsa Club building over unpaid bills, the city of Tulsa filed papers Tuesday to put the historic building up for auction through a sheriff’s sale.

Assistant City Attorney Bob Edmiston said the decision to sell the building was made after two more potential buyers informed him that talks with the owner of the building, California businessman C.J. Morony, had broken down.

“So the desire to have a private sale, which would allow the city to work with the new owner for the reclamation of the building, has simply not been achieved,” Edmiston said.

The sale is scheduled for Aug. 28.

Once a favorite haunt for Tulsa’s movers and shakers, the 11-story building at 115 E. Fifth St. opened in 1925 to provide facilities for the Tulsa Club and the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce.

The building has been vacant since 1994 and was declared a nuisance in late 2007 after a rash of code violations.

It is now best known as a source of ire for the city, which first tried to get Morony to bring the structure to code.

When that effort failed, the city headed to court to collect unpaid remedial civil penalties and improvement district assessments.

With interest, Morony’s bill has now reach nearly $475,000.

Read more on this story in Wednesday's Tulsa World.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20120710_11_0_Aftery645364
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:43 am »

Wish I had some cash on hand

Thank you,
Robert Town
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2012, 11:50:43 am »

Kickstarter? who's with me?
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2012, 01:19:51 pm »

Please, please please new very nice post auction owners, please do not tear this beautiful Bruce Goff designed building down.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2012, 01:25:51 pm »

Why don’t we form a consortium of investors for this?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2012, 01:49:54 pm »

Why don’t we form a consortium of investors for this?

I'm in for $100
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 01:56:03 pm »

If this can be saved and turned into something useful by a developer, it would be one of the best things to happen downtown in a while. An eyesore removed and a historic building saved. Win-win.

If it is made a parking lot I will cry.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

If this can be saved and turned into something useful by a developer, it would be one of the best things to happen downtown in a while. An eyesore removed and a historic building saved. Win-win.

If it is made a parking lot I will cry.

I will hold my expectations low just in case.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org