A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:05:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 208051 times)
dsjeffries
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2009, 02:33:42 pm »

Does anyone have an update on this? It would be an exciting project... if it happens.

Abundant Life:

http://freesearchitecture.com/Portfolio_In-Prog_Diamond.php

Diamond Building
This reconstruction of a 6 story windowless building into an 12 story mixed use facility is expected to help revitalize an entire section of near-downtown Tulsa. The uses will include ground floor retail, office space from 2nd through 6th floors and well-appointed condominiums in the 7th through 12th floors. Materials include a rough rectangular limestone base and columns, metal trellises and sunscreens and preformed concrete panels. An iconic rooftop lookout platform is oriented towards the downtown skyline, and extends the roof garden that overlooks the neighboring Veterans Park, historic neighborhoods and the Arkansas River in the near distance.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2009, 02:40:11 pm »

Does anyone have an update on this? It would be an exciting project... if it happens.

Only update I've got is it still looks like crap and I think the building owner is blowing a large quantity of smoke.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2009, 02:45:52 pm »

I spoke with someone involved with the project, they said it is still moving along slowly.  I did not prod for details or anything as I identified myself only as an interested party (no stake in the game).  But the project isn't dead.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dsjeffries
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2009, 02:53:15 pm »

I was reminded of the project when I walked past it this afternoon, and the though occurred to me that an Alamo Draft House would be great for that building, since it has a 1,500 seat auditorium.

And what a great transformation--Oral Roberts' Holy Palace filled with alcohol Wink
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2009, 02:54:41 pm »

I was reminded of the project when I walked past it this afternoon, and the though occurred to me that an Alamo Draft House would be great for that building, since it has a 1,500 seat auditorium.

And what a great transformation--Oral Roberts' Holy Palace filled with alcohol Wink

GENIUS.

On another note the old Ridgeway's building is coming along nicely.
Gold
« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2009, 03:08:38 pm »

I've seen this recent alternate model for that project:

The pie is full of asbestos!
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2009, 07:15:25 pm »

I spoke with someone involved with the project, they said it is still moving along slowly.  I did not prod for details or anything as I identified myself only as an interested party (no stake in the game).  But the project isn't dead.

Glad to hear it. I see it every time I am walking back to my cubicle, so I'm always thinking up fun things I could do to the building.

---Robert
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2009, 09:02:14 pm »

GENIUS.

On another note the old Ridgeway's building is coming along nicely.

I never expectd they would paint the whole building black (or almost black)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »

Just kicking this back up to ask if there's any new info about the Club building or Abundant life.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2009, 11:19:13 am »

No but I did talk to Wil Wilkins who is the acting realtor/broker for the Tulsa Club and Sinclair buildings (both owned by the same guy) and the guy really just wants to sell both buildings as a whole and has no interest in redeveloping, fixing, or leasing.

He has two cases for the Tulsa Club currently running through the courts:
Nuisance Abatement
Foreclosure
Fiend
Citizen

« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2009, 04:38:58 pm »

I took a large amount of photos on the inside of the Tulsa club building. You can see all of them on www.abandonedok.com. There is a post on the main page for the Tulsa Club along with history and old photos of the place. I will take photos of the inside of the abundant life building soon too.

MacGyver
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2009, 08:38:25 pm »

... I will take photos of the inside of the abundant life building soon too.

Nice pictures of the Tulsa Club and posts on the Ozark forum. 

If you go to the AL building, wear a mask. 

MG
Fiend
Citizen

« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:30 am »

Thanks for the heads up, I figured I might need a mask....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2009, 01:28:25 pm »

I'm afraid the only updates I've got are:

as of today they both still look like crap.

Anyone else?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:18 pm »

Yep. Look like crap.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org