A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:49:11 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updates on Abundant Life Bldg (Tulsa Club moved to its own thread)  (Read 206219 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46:37 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

hmm, last time I looked anuses weren't shaped like cubes with diamond bumps and trees growing out the top.

How many has your nose been in?  I'm judging your expertise.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 01:48:20 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

I've even seen a City of Tulsa vehicle there talking with some other guys.

Someone was scoring some home grown.
inteller
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2008, 04:14:03 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

quote:

hmm, last time I looked anuses weren't shaped like cubes with diamond bumps and trees growing out the top.

i'm surrounded by them all day at work...and then I log on here......so I think I have a pretty good idea what they look like.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2008, 04:53:58 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

i'm surrounded by them all day at work...and then I log on here......so I think I have a pretty good idea what they look like.

Mirrored office walls?
inteller
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2008, 08:44:05 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mirrored office walls?

nope, but nice try.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2008, 10:11:31 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Mirrored office walls?

HA! [Cheesy]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2008, 10:40:54 pm »

Abundant Life:

http://freesearchitecture.com/Portfolio_In-Prog_Diamond.php

Diamond Building
This reconstruction of a 6 story windowless building into an 12 story mixed use facility is expected to help revitalize an entire section of near-downtown Tulsa. The uses will include ground floor retail, office space from 2nd through 6th floors and well-appointed condominiums in the 7th through 12th floors. Materials include a rough rectangular limestone base and columns, metal trellises and sunscreens and preformed concrete panels. An iconic rooftop lookout platform is oriented towards the downtown skyline, and extends the roof garden that overlooks the neighboring Veterans Park, historic neighborhoods and the Arkansas River in the near distance.

dsjeffries
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2008, 12:18:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Kenosha

Abundant Life:

Diamond Building
This reconstruction of a 6 story windowless building into an 12 story mixed use facility is expected to help revitalize an entire section of near-downtown Tulsa. The uses will include ground floor retail, office space from 2nd through 6th floors and well-appointed condominiums in the 7th through 12th floors. Materials include a rough rectangular limestone base and columns, metal trellises and sunscreens and preformed concrete panels. An iconic rooftop lookout platform is oriented towards the downtown skyline, and extends the roof garden that overlooks the neighboring Veterans Park, historic neighborhoods and the Arkansas River in the near distance.

I literally just oohed and ahhed. Doubling the size of the place and adding residential above office above retail? I like!
Gold
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2008, 12:20:43 pm »

Wow.  That would be awesome.

Now if they can catch the neighborhood graffiti artist and tear down the gulag apartments closer to 21st, all would be better.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2008, 05:35:53 pm »

I am gonna beat cannon to the punch... "I'll believe it when I see it."

Looks great though lol. [Smiley]

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2008, 08:27:19 pm »

First things first: Inteller and Townsend are cracking me up...but point is to Inteller

Next and more importantly re: The Abundant Life building. Really? Wow! The architecture firm is local (right down the street on Boston AAMOF) and the design is outstanding. But who is the person with the Cheddar to pull this off? It is going to take a big pile of money.
Wrinkle
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 12:50:53 am »

Where is the update on the other 60 buildings on the "list"?

...or, is it only the Tulsa Club which draws interest?

I got stuck on the fact they had to break into an empty building to discover code violations, which do not apply to unoccupied buildings.

Existing provisions in law allow the City to both clean up and secure unoccupied/unkept buildings and bill the owner these costs, but the outright theft is government out of control.

The new $1,000/day fine was built and applied specifically to do so.

Did he, or did he not pay his Ad Valorem Taxes?

If the City did clean the graffiti off the building and apply locks to prevent access, these costs are legally applied to the owner, and, if not paid, would be grounds for a lien on the property. That's it.

They are not making us safer by the actions being applied. The intent is to get this building for next to nothing and use it for purposes of their own design.

To delcare it need be 'functional' is overreaching government role.

This deal makes me sick to my stomach.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 08:48:31 am »

quote:
Originally posted by dsjeffries

quote:
Originally posted by Kenosha

Abundant Life:

Diamond Building

I literally just oohed and ahhed. Doubling the size of the place and adding residential above office above retail? I like!

Me too! This would be awesome for my neighborhood.

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2008, 10:14:34 am »

Is that a heli-pad on top or a shade for a roof top terrace?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2008, 03:05:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Wrinkle

Where is the update on the other 60 buildings on the "list"?

...or, is it only the Tulsa Club which draws interest?

I got stuck on the fact they had to break into an empty building to discover code violations, which do not apply to unoccupied buildings.

Existing provisions in law allow the City to both clean up and secure unoccupied/unkept buildings and bill the owner these costs, but the outright theft is government out of control.

The new $1,000/day fine was built and applied specifically to do so.

Did he, or did he not pay his Ad Valorem Taxes?

If the City did clean the graffiti off the building and apply locks to prevent access, these costs are legally applied to the owner, and, if not paid, would be grounds for a lien on the property. That's it.

They are not making us safer by the actions being applied. The intent is to get this building for next to nothing and use it for purposes of their own design.

To delcare it need be 'functional' is overreaching government role.

This deal makes me sick to my stomach.

This is the single most important building in Tulsa that is in danger of being lost.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org