A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.
 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 23, 2020, 07:12:22 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another reason NOT to shop at Walmart  (Read 3487 times)
grahambino
Guest
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 03:25:50 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

So...
let me get this straight...
Wal*Mart has no obligation to provide for a safe shopping experience for their customers?  

Youre going down an aisle and the leaning tower of barbecue grills just fell on your head & now you're concussed.  'Well if you weren't so stupid, you wouldn't have went down that aisle.  Oh your skull isn't strong enough to withstand 4 barbecue grills falling on your head?  That's a YOU problem!'

There is a problem, seemingly acknowledged by the pharmacist, yet nothing has been done?

I find it hard to believe that there aren't cameras trained on every aisle of that store?

Now, I do think that PonderInc should go to the manager and report this activity, get the pharmacists' name that said this has happened other times and go from there and hopefully this activity would be stopped.




Monitoring every aisle would be a pretty expensive proposition.  In order to do that, it takes more than one person watching a bank of monitors.  Multiply that by 3000 stores or so and they would no longer be the discount leader.

People calling another poster stupid is a stretch.  It could easily have happened to anyone.  I never think twice when I leave my cart for a minute or so.  I think all shoppers figure no one is interested in the contents of their cart.

I'm sorry this happened to Ponder, and I appreciate that she posted this as a warning to others.  I don't think this would be limited to Wal-Mart if you ask around.  Expect it anywhere with a pharmacy.

Tweakers don't have a conscience.  [V]




Well I know its only $20.00 worth of drugs but if they can review tapes to bust shoplifters of unpaid merchandise, surely they can go to camera 55a and review the tape of a suspected thief, if given the correct time frame in which to look.  Then perhaps, see if there's a pattern to this, a particular person lurking about the pharmacy, etc.
 
Maybe I'm giving too much credit to W*M security / management?

Its just that doesn't appear to be an isolated incident is what my rub is on this.
Logged
dsjeffries
Guest
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 03:39:18 pm »

Maybe this is related...

quote:
Tulsa Police investigators are looking into the discovery of a body in a creek.  A body was spotted face-down in a creek behind the Wal-Mart near 81st and Lewis around 4 o'clock Tuesday afternoon.


Why, PonderInc, I know you're upset, and rightly so, but this is taking it too far [Wink].
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 03:40:35 pm by dsjeffries » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 9379



« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:19 pm »

I understand your frustration Grahambino... but keep in mind I had $1600 stolen from some jerk Frenchman and on the next week a few cars will be stolen in Tulsa, and it is unlikely anyone will even bother looking for them.  It is too much to ask.  Perhaps it shouldn't be... but it just is.  [xx(]
Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2460


« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 04:04:41 pm »

Maybe they overdosed on my Claritin-D...
Logged
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 2460


« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 04:06:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dsjeffries

Maybe this is related...
quote:
Tulsa Police investigators are looking into the discovery of a body in a creek.  A body was spotted face-down in a creek behind the Wal-Mart near 81st and Lewis around 4 o'clock Tuesday afternoon.

Why, PonderInc, I know you're upset, and rightly so, but this is taking it too far [Wink].

Maybe they overdosed on my Claritin-D...
Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder
******
Offline Offline

Posts: 29312



« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 05:40:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

So...
let me get this straight...
Wal*Mart has no obligation to provide for a safe shopping experience for their customers?  

Youre going down an aisle and the leaning tower of barbecue grills just fell on your head & now you're concussed.  'Well if you weren't so stupid, you wouldn't have went down that aisle.  Oh your skull isn't strong enough to withstand 4 barbecue grills falling on your head?  That's a YOU problem!'

There is a problem, seemingly acknowledged by the pharmacist, yet nothing has been done?

I find it hard to believe that there aren't cameras trained on every aisle of that store?

Now, I do think that PonderInc should go to the manager and report this activity, get the pharmacists' name that said this has happened other times and go from there and hopefully this activity would be stopped.




Monitoring every aisle would be a pretty expensive proposition.  In order to do that, it takes more than one person watching a bank of monitors.  Multiply that by 3000 stores or so and they would no longer be the discount leader.

People calling another poster stupid is a stretch.  It could easily have happened to anyone.  I never think twice when I leave my cart for a minute or so.  I think all shoppers figure no one is interested in the contents of their cart.

I'm sorry this happened to Ponder, and I appreciate that she posted this as a warning to others.  I don't think this would be limited to Wal-Mart if you ask around.  Expect it anywhere with a pharmacy.

Tweakers don't have a conscience.  [V]




Well I know its only $20.00 worth of drugs but if they can review tapes to bust shoplifters of unpaid merchandise, surely they can go to camera 55a and review the tape of a suspected thief, if given the correct time frame in which to look.  Then perhaps, see if there's a pattern to this, a particular person lurking about the pharmacy, etc.
 
Maybe I'm giving too much credit to W*M security / management?

Its just that doesn't appear to be an isolated incident is what my rub is on this.



You'd think the PoPo Five-O might be interested in looking over the tape, if there is one.  Might well lead them to a lab or two.

My main point was that Ponder, Inc. did a very good service by warning everyone else to be on the alert.  Let's not chastise someone for something which very easily could have happened to any of us- well with the possible exception of me.  I can't stand the effects of pseudoephedrine products, so I don't buy or use them anymore. [xx(]

Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TUalum0982
Philanthropist
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 797



« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 06:09:16 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by grahambino

So...
let me get this straight...
Wal*Mart has no obligation to provide for a safe shopping experience for their customers?  

Youre going down an aisle and the leaning tower of barbecue grills just fell on your head & now you're concussed.  'Well if you weren't so stupid, you wouldn't have went down that aisle.  Oh your skull isn't strong enough to withstand 4 barbecue grills falling on your head?  That's a YOU problem!'

There is a problem, seemingly acknowledged by the pharmacist, yet nothing has been done?

I find it hard to believe that there aren't cameras trained on every aisle of that store?

Now, I do think that PonderInc should go to the manager and report this activity, get the pharmacists' name that said this has happened other times and go from there and hopefully this activity would be stopped.




Monitoring every aisle would be a pretty expensive proposition.  In order to do that, it takes more than one person watching a bank of monitors.  Multiply that by 3000 stores or so and they would no longer be the discount leader.

People calling another poster stupid is a stretch.  It could easily have happened to anyone.  I never think twice when I leave my cart for a minute or so.  I think all shoppers figure no one is interested in the contents of their cart.

I'm sorry this happened to Ponder, and I appreciate that she posted this as a warning to others.  I don't think this would be limited to Wal-Mart if you ask around.  Expect it anywhere with a pharmacy.

Tweakers don't have a conscience.  [V]




Well I know its only $20.00 worth of drugs but if they can review tapes to bust shoplifters of unpaid merchandise, surely they can go to camera 55a and review the tape of a suspected thief, if given the correct time frame in which to look.  Then perhaps, see if there's a pattern to this, a particular person lurking about the pharmacy, etc.
 
Maybe I'm giving too much credit to W*M security / management?

Its just that doesn't appear to be an isolated incident is what my rub is on this.



You'd think the PoPo Five-O might be interested in looking over the tape, if there is one.  Might well lead them to a lab or two.

My main point was that Ponder, Inc. did a very good service by warning everyone else to be on the alert.  Let's not chastise someone for something which very easily could have happened to any of us- well with the possible exception of me.  I can't stand the effects of pseudoephedrine products, so I don't buy or use them anymore. [xx(]





you are correct, she did do us a service, but by blaming walmart for her lapse in judgement?  I apologize for calling you stupid, that was wrong of me, but this could have happened in Target, Walgreens, Kmart, etc.  To single out Wal-mart isn't the right thing to do.

Logged

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
  Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
 

Mission

 

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

 

Contact

 

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org