A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:03:46 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graffiti  (Read 1952 times)
OSU
Activist

« on: March 16, 2008, 11:34:04 pm »

This might seem like and odd question but, does anyone know of any cool graffiti in Tulsa. The reason I ask is that I am an amateur photographer and graffiti makes for an interesting background in car photography. Thanks for any input.

Oh by the way I'm new here.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:43:10 am »

This guy does (legal) work all over town:
http://www.eratikone.com/

There is a lot of graffiti on the Tulsa Club Building (5th and Cincinnati) but nothing too artistic.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:42:23 am »

Tulsa does a good job cleaning up graffiti.  The theory being if it is cleaned up quickly there is no point in doing it so you have to clean up less in the future.  AND it seems to work pretty well.  Both the quantity and quality of graffiti in Tulsa is lacking.

I'd check near RR tracks and try to catch some passing through... that'd be your best bet.  There is some on downtown buildings, but most is just tagging and not worthy of a photo.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
T Badd
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 08:12:44 am »

I was travelling along Rt. 66 (11th) yesterday and noticed a couple of "permanent" graffiti installations that might work for you. The first was on the "Mad Dog Liquor" buildings just west of 11th & Mingo. They've got some pretty modern graffiti murals on both buildings.

Further west, across from the Rose Bowl on the corner of 73rd East Ave, there's another building that has a very large mural that you'll only notice if you're heading east on 11th.

I've not run across any NYC Transit-type graffiti except occasionally I see a nice piece on the trains going down the middle of the BA expressway. The rest that I run across is nothing but "tags", with no artistic merit.

I'd love to see any car pics that you end up taking using graffiti as a background.
waterboy
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:18:00 pm »

There used to be one on the side of the building at Delaware and 11th across from Bama. The Northeast corner. Had some native american theme. Is that building even still there or did TU eat it up?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org