A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:50:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another fine example of local reporting  (Read 5126 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: March 12, 2008, 12:20:45 pm »

quote:
from kjrh.com

Tulsa electricity company trying to save power

Contributor: Sharryn Harvey
Email: harvey@kjrh.com
Last Update: 9:45 am
People are looking for any way to save on their rising electricity and heating bills.

One way is alternate energy like solar power.

One local oil and gas company is even trying to soothe the burn by installing solar panels to save money.

Even though the panels will save thousands of dollars in the long run, they cost between $15,000 and $30,000 to install.

Plus, they must face south to be the most efficient.

Still, some say is it worth it since it can save up to 30% on your energy bill and last 30 to 50 years.

Is it an electric company or an oil and gas company?

Does this company have a name?

Huh??
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:25:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
from kjrh.com

People are looking for any way to save on their rising electricity and heating bills.

One local oil and gas company is even trying to soothe the burn by installing solar panels to save money.

Even though the panels will save thousands of dollars in the long run, they cost between $15,000 and $30,000 to install.

Still, some say is it worth it since it can save up to 30% on your energy bill and last 30 to 50 years.

Huh??

A video feed would definitely help with that nebulous description.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 12:42:23 pm »

And yet another example:

http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1442&Itemid=2

I see the ed's ego is still larger than life.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:26:30 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

And yet another example:

http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1442&Itemid=2

This is another good one from them I read today:
http://www.tulsatoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1485&Itemid=2

It's a story that says some website out there may be leaking your social security numbers and sets forth a villian, but very little other detail. I seem to remember teachers tell me to answer all the "W" questions when you write. Someone should let these people know.
inteller
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:45:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

And yet another example:

hey the girl at the bottom of that article looks hawt!
breitee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 02:33:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
from kjrh.com

Huh??

KJRH - 'nuff said.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 03:29:14 pm »

While we're all here, I'd also like to officially lodge a complaint about the amount of petty crime and accident reporting that the TW feels is necessary.  It's just enough to foment general hysteria, negativity, and alcoholism amongst the plebes.

Not that I'm complaining about the alcoholism, but seriously.  I don't want to hear about another fender bender on the BA the day AFTER it happened.

/growl.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 06:30:25 pm »

I sent a 12-point complaint about the KJRH news story. It was written by some junior office staff and never proofed or edited. The real reporter of the story sent me something like a 4 page response.
dsjeffries
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 09:02:02 pm »

KTUL tonight: "Travel Plans Effected?"

[B)]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 10:50:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

While we're all here, I'd also like to officially lodge a complaint about the amount of petty crime and accident reporting that the TW feels is necessary.  It's just enough to foment general hysteria, negativity, and alcoholism amongst the plebes.

Not that I'm complaining about the alcoholism, but seriously.  I don't want to hear about another fender bender on the BA the day AFTER it happened.

/growl.

Almost, but not quite as bad as some teensy small town papers.  The ones I enjoy reading from time-to-time are ones which have the police blotter printed daily or weekly depending on the frequency of publication.

"2:39am police called to Johnson residence at 123 Elm St for disturbance.  Trash cans tipped over and ransacked.  Officer suspects racoons.  No injuries reported."

Literally, some terribly mundane stuff in even smaller pubs.  

waterboy
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 06:29:40 am »

Its not just local reporting. I heard a story on NPR by BBC about the Obama campaign in Mississippi. They ended it with a reference to the slowly moving Mississippi River flowing through Mississippi and emptying into the Gulf. Strangely, that just doesn't happen. New Orleans has that honor. Funny how they sound so much smarter with that crisp British accent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org