A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:55:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home On the Strange  (Read 3303 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: March 12, 2008, 06:55:10 am »

Ah, springtime. As I was walking with my dogs yesterday through my uptown neighborhood, I was stopped twice in less than two blocks with very similar sob stories from two very different grifters. I always politely refuse such folk simply because their tales of dads in hospital beds and moms stranded on highways, denials by churches, tornados, helicopters, lack of petrol, surplus of woe and clogging always makes my head spin. So to clear my head I changed the words to Home on The Range.

Help me finish it:

Oh Give me a home
Where the bums'l go roam
With their beer and their alcohol play
Where often is heard:
"I need gas money, word
and I only got two cents all day"

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:57:09 am by carltonplace » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:33:53 am »

Whats bad is that they are doing that because it works. Apparently there are enough people out there who are ignorant enough to think its a good thing to do. When all they are really doing is enabling the "bum" to not get proper help,,, hurting them, and society, even more.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 07:35:16 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
waterboy
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:42:04 am »

Home...Home of the Strange,
Where the products of chemistry play...

The Boulder Plaza is your ground central. Out of state owners. There is your potential multi story infill project whose rehabilitation or implosion would have tremendous positive impact. Populated by a few honestly struggling people immersed in a seriously bad environment, surrounded by a lovely neighborhood.
waterboy
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:45:19 am »

Where any young lad,
Can do well breaking bad,
grahambino
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 10:16:31 am »

Give them a home
in a geodesic dome.
with a wine and malt liquor tray.
Where seldom is heard.
a comprehensible word.
and the cars have gas all day.

strange enough for ya?
[Cool]
booWorld
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 11:24:05 am »

"How often at night, when the heavens are bright
With the light of the glittering stars,
Have I stood there amazed and asked, as I gazed
If their glory exceeds that of ours."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org