A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:56:18 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa loses bid for 2009 CUSA tourney  (Read 2159 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: March 12, 2008, 06:05:49 am »

Reasons given were that it would run concurrently with the Big 12 tournament in OKC and they didn't want to fight for attendance. I'm sure Memphis being very verbal about opposing the move, with them being the best team in the league, couldn't have had anything to do with it...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080312_2_B3_hConf67087

Hopefully we can at least book it during years we don't have the big 12 in oklahoma.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:07:50 am »

I'm afraid I have to agree with this decision.  Attendance would probably be lackluster with the Big 12 down the street.  It would reflect poorly on the city to host the tournament and have a nearly empty BOk Center. In addition, Memphis is a great host city and DOMINATES the conference.

We are a good bet for 2010.  TU should have a better team by that point (better have!), the arena will be in full swing, and the Big 12 tournament will be back in KC.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org