A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:23:12 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling the Mayor of Red Fork! Crystal City sold?  (Read 5432 times)
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« on: May 23, 2007, 09:59:19 am »

Any news on the sale of Crystal City?

This article was in The Tulsa County News on May 9
 http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=18319575&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=573976&rfi=8

The Crystal City Shopping Center sale is expected to take a few more days, according to Dean Lewis of NAI Commercial Real Estate.

He said the buyers need something from one of the tenants before they can close.
The identity of the buyer is not yet known.
Crystal City, which opened on the site in 1959, was on the market for $2.4 million.
Much of it is open now, but it has seven tenants.
Called a greyfield, the shopping center became almost a symbol for the disinvestment of the area.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:33:19 am »

Any idea if they plan to improve it or scrape it?

I'd love to see it renovated, usually that's all it takes to cause re-development and improvment with surrounding commercial properties.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Rico
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 08:27:04 pm »

Any news on the sale of Crystal City?

^

According to the Tulsa Business Journal.. They were to have closed last week. But their was still no mention of the ID of the buyer... or a follow up that said the deal went through.....

Porky
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 04:16:15 am »

This would be an ideal area to move the homeless shelters downtown.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 06:47:33 am »

Where is this exactly?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 07:27:58 am »

It's located on SW Blvd. about a block east of S. 33rd W. Ave.  If you take the 244 loop to the Turner Turnpike from downtown, you will see the back of it just before the 33 W. Ave. exit.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 10:19:00 am »

Last I heard, the transaction was delayed but still active.

But this is all just scuttlebutt I've heard from tenants. Nothing real definitive.
cks511
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 10:23:52 am »

Anyone know if the sale went through and/or plans for Crystal City?
mdunn
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 06:44:41 pm »

The place was great in the 70s,I remember growing up in west Tulsa,and saturdays we would walk down the shopping center starting at frougs,and ending up at safeway,and stopping in all stores along the way.My father owned a submarine sandwich shop next to safeway at the annex.He later moved it to the old tastee freeze location at other end of center.Now its a run down dump,and needs to be demolished.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 06:46:35 pm by mdunn » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »

I remember my dentist and orthodontist were there for years.  I remember going bowling at Crystal Bowl one night while I had an ear infection.  Both of those events were late seventies early to mid eighties.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 01:27:02 pm »

Crystal City Auctioned

http://kwgs.com/post/crystal-city-auctioned

A shopping center along historic Route 66, once the jewel of      West Tulsa, is auctioned to the highest bidder. Crystal City, built as an amusement park and shopping plaza in the 1920’s, but now nearly empty, is sold at auction. Only a few businesses remain. Rich Leible owns Good Guys Gun and Pawn, one of the handful of shops still in Crystal City. He says he’s ‘cautiously optimistic’ about the center’s future.

Leible says he hopes the new owners do a better job of taking care of things than the old owners. He believes the area is ripe for revitalization.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org