A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:05:09 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa World Censorship  (Read 5015 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 12:41:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

Local news is what the World covers better than the other media around here, including the web. You simply cannot find so much legitimate, defensible, professionally written local news anywhere in this city as they provide. The opinion, national news and lifestyle stuff is just superflous. Since it is printed on paper and distributed to the public they MUST be able to defend their reporting. Radio, TV and the Net are simply not in the same business. They can say anything and pretty much get away with it or send it into the atmosphere where it can't be used in court.

Now, continue on with the bear baiting.

TulsaNow usually scoops the rest of the media.  That's why I love this forum.  I'll mention something to a friend who is not on here and they'll wonder how I heard of it.

I had a conversation with my mother last night.  She asked if I knew that Josh Walker had been appointed to TMAPC.  I replied that was old news already.  "Really, how did you know?"  Well duh, TN

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 02:55:52 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

Local news is what the World covers better than the other media around here, including the web. You simply cannot find so much legitimate, defensible, professionally written local news anywhere in this city as they provide. The opinion, national news and lifestyle stuff is just superflous. Since it is printed on paper and distributed to the public they MUST be able to defend their reporting. Radio, TV and the Net are simply not in the same business. They can say anything and pretty much get away with it or send it into the atmosphere where it can't be used in court.

TulsaNow usually scoops the rest of the media.  That's why I love this forum.  I'll mention something to a friend who is not on here and they'll wonder how I heard of it.

I had a conversation with my mother last night.  She asked if I knew that Josh Walker had been appointed to TMAPC.  I replied that was old news already.  "Really, how did you know?"  Well duh, TN

Usually? I don't think so. Often? Yes. Inside stories? Sometimes. If I want to read a story about a police officer who turns out to have been abusing drugs, or a public employee who turns out has been transferring public funds to her private account, I don't find it here nor expect to.

Many of these inside stories are innuendo or hearsay anyway. The World can't report on them until they are verified whereas FB can rant on about stuff willy nilly.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 05:08:46 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Usually? I don't think so. Often? Yes. Inside stories? Sometimes. If I want to read a story about a police officer who turns out to have been abusing drugs, or a public employee who turns out has been transferring public funds to her private account, I don't find it here nor expect to.

Many of these inside stories are innuendo or hearsay anyway. The World can't report on them until they are verified whereas FB can rant on about stuff willy nilly.

See I thought you had a subscription to TulsaNow Platinum.  Send me $100 and I'll let you on w/ my password.  We've got a super secret handshake and whole other forum where the media gets it's leads.

[Tongue]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 09:23:33 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See I thought you had a subscription to TulsaNow Platinum.  Send me $100 and I'll let you on w/ my password.  We've got a super secret handshake and whole other forum where the media gets it's leads.

[Tongue]

I knew it. Blackballed again....
tim huntzinger
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 12:06:27 am »

EXCLOOSIVE: COMMENT RE: 'WALKABILITY' FOR TULSANS

"42. 3/7/2008 12:03:41 PM, Bob23,
To whomever or whatever is currently in charge of this Tulsa World comment board, I demand that you remove the mask of anonymity and account for the gross oversights to be found on your site. I must take issue with all entries from "Scrooge" and by your alllowing this poster to remain active, you are perpetrating a great injustice.

"You most likely recognize my username. If you do not, you at the least recall my flame war with SoulblighterEric — I speak, of course, of the altercation which led to my ignoble suspension as a Tulsa Now contributor. As penance for my immaturity on that talk-page thread last March, I have held my tongue for eight months now but I can no longer."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 01:01:42 am by tim huntzinger » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org