A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:38:22 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Wal Mart Neighborhood Grocer?  (Read 9231 times)
danno
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 05:42:51 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

Hey want some low-life types in your neighborhood? GET a Wal-Mart Market and they will flock there! The one at 45th and peoria sucks! SUCKS! Panhandlers, etc. Watch and learn.

Thats just the area I think. Don't get me wrong, its not really a bad part of town, and I have never had that experience at the Neighborhood Market, even at 3 am. However, I have boycotted that QT near the Walmart. After dark it gets kind of creepy with all the cranksters and panhandlers. With that said, don't even get me started on the 61st and Lewis QT. I've noticed a real change in QT in that they don't chase these people off like they used to.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 03:37:14 pm »

Agreed....I have sworn off walmart entirely even though there is one about 2 blocks from me..After going to Reasors for a few things months ago...seeing how they actually put your groceries in bags for you, have less than 2 people in any line and spend less than 5 mins at a checkout line...also not to mention the selection of food both imported, organic and others..I am willing to pay a little more (maybe 10 bucks more per trip) for the fresh feeling and friendly service....I have not been to another walmart in about 4 months....

Also one moved into our area and now all sorts of people who can't speak English, don't wear shoes and steal the shopping carts because they don't have a car hang out around it.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 03:38:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by danno

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

Hey want some low-life types in your neighborhood? GET a Wal-Mart Market and they will flock there! The one at 45th and peoria sucks! SUCKS! Panhandlers, etc. Watch and learn.

Thats just the area I think. Don't get me wrong, its not really a bad part of town, and I have never had that experience at the Neighborhood Market, even at 3 am. However, I have boycotted that QT near the Walmart. After dark it gets kind of creepy with all the cranksters and panhandlers. With that said, don't even get me started on the 61st and Lewis QT. I've noticed a real change in QT in that they don't chase these people off like they used to.

Have you called them to tell them about this? Perhaps at 3am they have 2 employees and they are not allowed to run them off..might call and talk to the day manager..but since this is off topic I digress
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 06:35:34 pm »

Ya know, "450 South Elm Jenks, Ok" is extremely close to Reasors. I shook my head when Walgreens built their place right next to Reasors. Why did we need two different retailers next door to each other? And why do we need three? The trailer park years ago that use to sit on that proposed strip of land for this Wal-Mart had better intentions with that land than any other Wal-Mart ever will.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 09:22:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TurismoDreamin

Ya know, "450 South Elm Jenks, Ok" is extremely close to Reasors. I shook my head when Walgreens built their place right next to Reasors. Why did we need two different retailers next door to each other? And why do we need three? The trailer park years ago that use to sit on that proposed strip of land for this Wal-Mart had better intentions with that land than any other Wal-Mart ever will.

Walmart tends to do that with their stores, they build and then leech off the other stores in that area, I guess in an attempt to steal away the other stores customers instead of trying to open in an underserved location and create their own unique customer base.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org