A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:54:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Shops at Broken Arrow (Target Project)  (Read 63731 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 01:34:46 pm »

I think it appears a lot smaller because the one in Tulsa has a large IMAX theater next to it.  This new theater will be a major improvement over the Cinemark 8 that is currently in BA.

+ 1
I have to agree. The Broken Arrow Theatre has seen it's day's. I have been going to it since the 80s. It is time for a change. And this one is just a few miles down 71st from my house.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2010, 07:37:40 am »

Cinemark Opening Soon
According to Cinemark's website, the new Cinemark 12 in Broken Arrow will open on July 30.

Ha. I see they changed the grand opening day to the 30th. I drive by there every morning and I knew that there was no way that was going to be open by tomorrow.

Composer
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »

Yeah, looks like the 30th is the new opening day.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 07:49:43 am »

Cinemark should just leave the opening day announcement to, Coming soon. They cant seem to hit a set date to open on.

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 12:51:27 pm »

I went to the new theaters Saturday and saw "The other guy's"
Fantastic stadium seating and Mid size screens. Very nice movie theaters. I will be going there from now on. The pricing is between the cost of the South B.A. theaters and the IMAX 71st theaters.
They also have three screens for 3D.

Composer
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2010, 10:55:13 pm »

Ruby Tuesday is under construction between the Cinemark and IHOP. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »

Ruby Tuesday is under construction between the Cinemark and IHOP. 

So mediocre.  It's like an Applebies but all growed up.  Not a big fan.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2010, 05:52:13 am »

So mediocre.  It's like an Applebies but all growed up.  Not a big fan.

Ruby Tuesday's has good coupons...

And a big salad bar...

And... That's it.
EricGarcia
Activist

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 12:35:08 am »

Applebee's is now open next to Olive Garden and across from Target.  2nd BA Location.

Here is an article that ran in last week's BA Ledger regarding the success of the new Cinemark Theater:

The effect the newly opened Cinemark, multi-screen theater complex on Hillside Drive has had on the Broken Arrow community may have as much to do with increasing business in Adams Creek as it has in showing movies.

That, according to several restaurant operators co-located along Hillside Drive.

Officials with Olive Garden, Chili’s and IHOP each said that they have seen a noticeable increase in sales since the Cinemark began business two months ago. Sante Fe Cattle Co., adjacent to Hillside Drive on 1100 N. 20th St., is also seeing benefits from the big screens.

“We definitely have seen a continued stream of customers at our location,” said Matt Taylor, manager at Santa Fe. “There is a slightly longer wait time to be seated on Saturday evenings and a steady flow of customers later into the night.”

Apparently, movie-goers are not skimping on wings, either.

“Since the Cinemark has opened we have seen a substantial increase in traffic,” according to James Allen, district manager of Buffalo Wild Wings Bar and Grill at 1511 N. 20th St. “We have large groups of people coming in before and after movies are shown.

Applebee’s has just opened in the area and more eating establishments are slated for the spots near the Target store.

Sales tax

climb continues

While Broken Arrow’s larger neighbor on the west continues to struggle with sales tax, BA has seen increases in monthly distributions from the Oklahoma Tax Commissions for five months now.

“Miscellaneous retail was the largest contributor to the increase in sales tax receipts in September 2010 over 2009 at $82,426 or a 34.72 percent increase in this category,” said City Manager Dave Wooden.

Broken Arrow received $2.736 million for the last half of July’s business and estimated returns from the first half of August 2010.

For the same period in 2009, the city received $2.497 million.

“Electric, gas and sanitary services is up $48,138 or 20.55 percent over the prior year and general merchandise stores are up $44,059 or 7.90 percent.

“We are very pleased. It appears that the increase is due to new businesses that have come online,” Wooden said, referencing retailers and restaurants in the Adams Creek area, while also admitting the increases are being compared to a year when sales tax revenue was down and has lowered the target for showing an increase.

Tulsa’s check continues to show decreased returns.

It received $16.276 million this September, compared to $16.666 million for 2009.

Other cities showing increases were Owasso, Wagoner, Jenks, Sapulpa and Bixby.

Coweta and Sand Springs showed decreases.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:45:34 am by EricGarcia » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2010, 07:24:05 am »

Is there still a theater at 101st and Elm?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2010, 08:38:25 am »

They closed it when this opened.

Not to say it doesn't become a dollar theater.
EricGarcia
Activist

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2010, 10:35:26 am »

I believe it is a dollar theater now.  At least that is what Cinemark is advertising on their website.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

D*mn they opened that Applebee's fast.
Yes the old place is now a Dollar theater. I dont see it making it very long.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 02:42:33 pm »

D*mn they opened that Applebee's fast.
Yes the old place is now a Dollar theater. I dont see it making it very long.

It's been there since the mid 80's so it's held on for a long time. 

I was there for a movie in the late 80's and ended up near the back of a very crowded theater next to a CA newspaper columnist doing a story about theater audiences around the country.

She told me our crowd was by far the worst behaved she'd seen so far and she'd already made it to the Northeast and was on her way back to CA.  (beer bottles rolling, food throwing, yelling, some guy standing up and screaming a very long speech about how he was going to "kick the next person's donkey" who threw something.  That threat was immediately answered with a large quantity of popcorn and candy lobbed in his general direction.

A proud moment for BA movie watchers.
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:21 pm »

I saw in the Tulsa World today that they are working on getting a Dick's Sporting Goods over by PetSmart in BA.

I also have seen that Louie's Bar and Grill and Hibdon Tires have opened in the area.

Has anyone heard of any other projects coming to the area soon? 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org