A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:44:15 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Jail Pact- Deadline Looms  (Read 42624 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 06:26:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:
Originally posted by Gold

Yeah, I think you're kicking up some dirt over nothing.  Let it play out.

Yeah, 1.6 million is nothing to folks like you and  Queen Kathy. I wonder how many pools we could open with 1.6 million or how many police we put on the street with that amount of cash?

You're beginning to sound a little like a cub.

[:O]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 07:41:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

quote:

Yeah, 1.6 million is nothing to folks like you and  Queen Kathy. I wonder how many pools we could open with 1.6 million or how many police we put on the street with that amount of cash?

You're beginning to sound a little like a cub.

[:O]

Grrrr.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
Gold
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 09:54:14 pm »

quote:

quote:

Oh . . . another cheap shot at the mayor.

Did you get that tinfoil hat on sale?

Seriously . . . if you, Bear, and Medlock are against it, it's probably a good thing.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 10:48:00 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seriously . . . if you, Bear, and Medlock are against it, it's probably a good thing.

C'mon Golden Shower, is that the best rebuttal you've got. You can't argue the issue, so all you've got left is insults? Don't worry though, I don't go crying to the Mod like most of the candy asses here. Fire away.

<center>
</center>
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 04:48:15 am »

Please don't.

This forum is not intended to hurl insults at each other. Don't lower yourself to doubleA's level.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gold
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 08:44:47 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

C'mon Golden Shower, is that the best rebuttal you've got. You can't argue the issue, so all you've got left is insults? Don't worry though, I don't go crying to the Mod like most of the candy asses here. Fire away.

You aren't worth the time.  You just regurgitated one side's quotes from a TW article.  I don't really care about what you think or say.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:21:37 am by Gold » Logged
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 10:33:24 pm »

Can someone explain why the City should agree to pay anything?  By law, the County is obligated to accept arrestees delivered to the jail.  

What am I missing here?

Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 12:03:14 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You aren't worth the time.  You just regurgitated one side's quotes from a TW article.  I don't really care about what you think or say.

You got served, beyotch. Pure & Simple. That's why you're squealing like a stuck pig.

<center>
</center>
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 07:58:26 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You got served, beyotch. Pure & Simple. That's why you're squealing like a stuck pig.

^
^
Lookie....it's an Internet Tough Guy!!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Wrinkle
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 08:33:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by CoffeeBean

Can someone explain why the City should agree to pay anything?  By law, the County is obligated to accept arrestees delivered to the jail.  

What am I missing here?

You're missing nothing, and are correct.

For the County to request payment in any form from the City is double-dipping since citizens are paying the County to run the jail.

It was designed as a City/County arrangement from the outset. Nothing has changed, and we still pay the tax to pay for the operation.

And, since the tax is Sales-based, it has a built in inflation factor to offset increased operational costs.

What should be being discussed is all the revenue the County is receiving from prisoners, their families and misc charges piled onto them in the form of daily rent, condiments, telephone calls, etc. How much revenue is this producing? Where is the accounting for this posted?

Gold
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57:05 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I think you're a waste of time.  You're not a weirdo like FB that cries.  You're just annoying . . . like the security guy at my building.  I don't give a damn what your game is . . . state your nonsense all you want.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 04:54:30 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I think you're a waste of time.  You're not a weirdo like FB that cries.  You're just annoying . . . like the security guy at my building.  I don't give a damn what your game is . . . state your nonsense all you want.

Yet, you keep responding to my posts. Face it, you can't hang. Amateur.

<center>
</center>
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 06:33:59 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yet, you keep responding to my posts. Face it, you can't hang. Amateur.

Or you keep responding to them...which is it?

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 11:41:16 am »

Thisstringisdevolving
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:06 am »

City, county might extend jail negotiations

By KEVIN CANFIELD World Staff Writer
7/31/2008

The city and county are considering extending negotiations on a new jail agreement.

In an e-mail sent to county commissioners this week, the City Attorney's Office wrote that it is prepared to keep negotiating, if necessary, until the contract expires Sept. 30.

City Attorney Deirdre Dexter said Wednesday, "We share the same objective: We're trying to find a solution that best serves the citizens of Tulsa and make sure their tax dollars are being spent responsibly."

County Commissioner Fred Perry said the city's request will be discussed at the commission's meeting on Monday.

The original 10-year agreement was scheduled to expire June 30, but the two sides agreed to extend it until Sept. 30.

The extension included a provision that the two sides be working toward an agreement by Aug. 1.

The county's initial contract proposal, presented in March, calls for the city to pay $54.13 per municipal inmate per day.

Our CEO Mayor never met a deadline she couldn't miss or extend, except for the BOK/Great Plains bailout or the bucks for the downtown Ballpark(Lamson still ain't signed s#*t.)  Oh wait, I'm wrong, she had already extended that deadline once and extended it again after that extremely time critical Council vote. My mistake.

<center>
</center>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org