A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:45:27 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South County Square in Jenks  (Read 14682 times)
safetyguy
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:26:20 am »

I saw a sign going up yesterday at 111 and Elm in Jenks that says South County Market, looks like commercial development. A small portion of steel I beams are going up. Anyone know anything about this?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:00:09 am by safetyguy » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:47:49 am »

It’s called South County Square. I don’t know much about who the tenants are going to be except that the center is going to be anchored by yet another bank, I forget which one.

It’s supposed to be a nice little center with a little pond and amphitheater as the center piece. I think there’s supposed to be a fountain in the pond too.

That makes two new banks that have opened in the last year in Jenks (Arvest and TTCU) with four more either under construction or about to start construction.
safetyguy
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 09:20:37 am »

Start the fireworks, another bank!! Just what we need in Jenks. I was getting concerned that there wouldn't be enough places to stockpile my money in the dwindling economy....

Swake- do you know anything about what's going to go in at 121st and Elwood on the NE corner? I saw that they have it all staked off.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 09:42:10 am »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Start the fireworks, another bank!! Just what we need in Jenks. I was getting concerned that there wouldn't be enough places to stockpile my money in the dwindling economy....

Swake- do you know anything about what's going to go in at 121st and Elwood on the NE corner? I saw that they have it all staked off.

No idea on that one. A bank?
safetyguy
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:04:42 am »

I figured Kum & Go...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:30:35 am »

quote:

I figured Kum & Go...

With a Subway!

Seriously I have heard that a Quik Trip is planned for somewhere at the 121st Interchange on 75. I doubt they would move the store off the highway to Elwood, but who knows.

Since the highway construction closed the convenience store at 111th There's not a gas station along 75 now between 141st and 61st, and the one at 61st (on Union) is very ghetto.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:33:14 am »

How about 111th and Elwood - NW corner?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:42:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

It's a residential development 56 acres.  Mike Wallace is the developer.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 10:44:15 am »

quote:

Nothing is planned there that I know. That was the  rumored site of the Wal-Mart that is going in at 101st now. The owner is slowly leveling the site by selling fill dirt to construction sites and is in no hurry to develop or sell the land.
safetyguy
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:49:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

I figured Kum & Go...

With a Subway!

Seriously I have heard that a Quik Trip is planned for somewhere at the 121st Interchange on 75. I doubt they would move the store off the highway to Elwood, but who knows.

Since the highway construction closed the convenience store at 111th There's not a gas station along 75 now between 141st and 61st, and the one at 61st (on Union) is very ghetto.

121st and 75 is going to be a mess for quite a while... It's going to be the next traffic nightmare. I'm glad that I work from home so that I don't have to mess with it on a daily basis!!
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 05:18:52 pm »

quote:

quote:

Nothing is planned there that I know. That was the  rumored site of the Wal-Mart that is going in at 101st now. The owner is slowly leveling the site by selling fill dirt to construction sites and is in no hurry to develop or sell the land.

Not to be confused with 111th and Elm (Kum-n-Go corner)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:51:09 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not to be confused with 111th and Elm (Kum-n-Go corner)

Oh, sorry. No idea, I did see that it sold, and sold very quickly in the last few weeks. There's also a zoning change notice at the fuel terminal a little north of there.
safetyguy
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47:54 am »

What's the purpose of the zoning change for the fuel terminal?
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 10:34:18 am »

quote:

quote:

I figured Kum & Go...

With a Subway!

what about the Conoco ( I think) named AJ's at 91st and union right off of hwy 75.  It's no QT but he sells gas and quite a bit of it.  

My dad who is Director of engineer and Design for AT&T said there are plans for a QT at the creek turnpike and ELM (i think that's the correct street) in Jenks (just south of the turnpike but north of those huge houses on the hill).  Time will tell, but I think that would be a great location for QT.  The traffic that exits the turnpike there would be great for them.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:

quote:

I figured Kum & Go...

With a Subway!

what about the Conoco ( I think) named AJ's at 91st and union right off of hwy 75.  It's no QT but he sells gas and quite a bit of it.  

My dad who is Director of engineer and Design for AT&T said there are plans for a QT at the creek turnpike and ELM (i think that's the correct street) in Jenks (just south of the turnpike but north of those huge houses on the hill).  Time will tell, but I think that would be a great location for QT.  The traffic that exits the turnpike there would be great for them.

I always forget about that station. It is near 75 but it is on 91st Street which does not have an exit. The closest exit at 96th is badly designed mess so that station is not really a good option for traffic on 75.

I have not heard about a Quik Trip on Elm, I have heard that a shopping center is going in where the Alpaca ranch was. The fence company just north of the creek only recently moved in would not be likely to move soon.

The landscaping company is gone and I believe the lot is still for sale, they could go there. The RV/mobile home park won't sell for anything close to a reasonable price, the city and River District people both have tried to buy it and weren't able to. Apparently those places are really profitable.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org