A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:56:07 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pomodori's now SoChey Jazz Cafe  (Read 5858 times)
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« on: February 01, 2008, 04:02:30 pm »

I was driving down Cheyenne today and noticed that the awning on the old Pomodori's building now says "SoChey Jazz Cafe."  Anybody know anything about this?  Are they open yet?  What exactly is a jazz cafe? (Sounds fun...but can you get good bruchetta there?!)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 04:03:47 pm »

I saw a MySpace bulletin on this.  They are open now, and go to 2am on weekends.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 04:07:45 pm »

TyPro's have a Happy Hour there Tuesday.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 07:05:22 pm »

Sweet! Someplace that's not Orpha's for me to stop for a late-night drink in that part of downtown!

How long until it starts closing at 9 pm on weekends?

inteller
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 07:58:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

TyPro's have a Happy Hour there Tuesday.

oh joy, heil TMCoC!
dayzella
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 11:22:53 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

I was driving down Cheyenne today and noticed that the awning on the old Pomodori's building now says "SoChey Jazz Cafe."  Anybody know anything about this?  Are they open yet?  What exactly is a jazz cafe? (Sounds fun...but can you get good bruchetta there?!)

We went by last night before heading home to see.  The hostette said it was their Opening Night Smiley

They will be open for lunch 11ish to 2pm weekdays.  Dinner is 5 - 10 for sure.  I think she said there was a late night menu after that - that on the weekends they will be staying open until 2 am, but I could have misheard.

I'm very excited that they opened - but I am positive they will have to lower their price point and work on the menu.  Some of the items on the menu in terms of seasonality didn't make much sense.  We forgot the camera, but did remember to ask for a menu.  Here's a sampling:

to start:
warm truffled flatbread with local quail eggs, fresh thyme and parmesan cheese curls - $11.95

artisinal cheese and cured cutlet plat du jour - $market price

soup/salad:

smoked cheddar and roasted asparagus soup - $6.95

warm asparagus spears bundled in procsuitto and topped with house mad mozzerella cheese - $6.95

watercress and shaved apple salad, lightly tossed in apple cider vinaigrette and finished with stilton croutons and qual confit - $10.95

entrees:

spit roasted free-range chicken with garlic whipped mashed potatoes and braised greens - $15.95

so.chey's fish and chips:  pan seared red snapper with tri-colored pommes frites, tomato-lavender meuniere and roasted spaghetti squash - $23.95

so.chey roast and coast:  ale braised beef short ribs and pan seared diver scallops with black truffle jus served with parsnip puree - $28.95

i found an event listing on myspace about a combo called Sir Threadius Mongus that will be playing there on thursday, february 7.  here is the link:
http://www.myspace.com/sirthreadiusmongus

Spexton
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:08:17 pm »

I've admittedly never written a food review, nor did I ever visit Pomodori's, but we went to So. Chey last night and it was excellent.

Trevor and his staff did an awesome job and we'll definitely be going back.  I will mention that I feel the prices are completely appropriate for the quality of the food!  

We had drinks, a shrimp appetizer, the chicken dish described in the post above, the filet (which Greg said was the best steak he'd had in a very long time), and a KILLER key lime pie torte thing. Everything tasted 100% perfect.

The atmosphere is a mature, quiet ambiance with images of jazz greats on the walls and unobtrusive jazz music for flavor.

The patio will be open for warm weather, and there is a great bar area if you just want to slip in for a drink.

[Smiley]
FOTD
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »

Too bad it's so hard to get to and they don't offer but a very few healthy choices. I do hope it helps the small local jazz scene to grow.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 02:11:47 pm »

Had the Beet Carpaccio...yes, beet

Pork Chop and that Key Lime pie torte.

It was a little pricey but was excellent.

The service was also outstanding.

Very worth going.  Easy dinner parking for now...might be a bit tougher when the arena opens.
FOTD
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 02:20:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Had the Beet Carpaccio...yes, beet

Pork Chop and that Key Lime pie torte.

It was a little pricey but was excellent.

The service was also outstanding.

Very worth going.  Easy dinner parking for now...might be a bit tougher when the arena opens.

Arena? huh?
Spexton
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 02:38:18 pm »

Yep, this is at 3rd and South Cheyenne, hence the name So. Chey, which is directly across the street from the new BOK Center.  They offer, however, complimentary Valet parking on busy nights.
inteller
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 02:45:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Spexton

Yep, this is at 3rd and South Cheyenne, hence the name So. Chey, which is directly across the street from the new BOK Center.  They offer, however, complimentary Valet parking on busy nights.

omg...I thought it was just a lame name.  Now that I know it is a lame attempt to name an area of town it is even more pathetic.  

"Restaurant in the basement of the Wright Building" would have been a better name.  RITBOTWB for short.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 03:48:26 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by Spexton

omg...I thought it was just a lame name.  Now that I know it is a lame attempt to name an area of town it is even more pathetic.  

"Restaurant in the basement of the Wright Building" would have been a better name.  RITBOTWB for short.

"a rose is a rose"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org