A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:19:58 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doe's Eat Place  (Read 17484 times)
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« on: February 04, 2008, 06:42:14 pm »

I keep hearing advertisement's for this place on the radio all the time.  Have any of you tried it out? recommend it?

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:17:57 pm »

Excellent tamales. Very good steaks.

Sinmple rustic atmosphere. Good service.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:50:01 pm »

I wasn't so easily impressed.  I felt it was over-priced, and in their euphoria in serving extra-thick steaks, they can't seem to figure out how to cook it.  That said, I know others who swear by it.  I've not gone back in a year and a half.

It's either a place people love or hate, I don't think there's anyone who is luke-warm on it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:04:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I wasn't so easily impressed.  I felt it was over-priced, and in their euphoria in serving extra-thick steaks, they can't seem to figure out how to cook it.  That said, I know others who swear by it.  I've not gone back in a year and a half.

It's either a place people love or hate, I don't think there's anyone who is luke-warm on it.

What are the prices like? on the expensive side or about normal for a steak/seafood place??

"You cant solve Stupid." 
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 08:22:04 pm »

Expensive side.  It's got cachet, but I didn't think the value equaled or exceeded the price.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:25:42 pm »

Over priced....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:32:25 pm »

Here's their menu, you decide what's expensive:

Doe's Menu

TeeDub
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 09:45:53 pm »

Only been there for lunch...  

Had an awesome steak sandwich in which the meat was so tender you could bite right thru it.

Was about $15 with a tea and fries.

That puts it out of the "everyday" for lunch category, but well within the occasional.  Now if only I didn't work on the southside.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 08:15:49 am »

If you want a thick steak cooked right, go to Eddie's on 31st and Louisville(ish).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 09:35:17 am »

Sorry, have to say NO WAY!  The food is hit and miss, we've tried it probably 1/2 dozen times, but our last experience took it off the list FOREVER.

Went with another couple, ordered drinks, nice night out, in no hurry, finally ordered, it was only 7 pm on a Friday night, we ordered filet and had to go two sizes up from what we wanted because they were out (yes, the price went up each time) then our friends wanted a 1.5 lb sirloin, oh, well you have to pay an extra charge to share one that small (wow) so they ordered the 2 lb steak to at least get more meat since they had to spend more money.  Waitress comes back, we are out of the 2 lb, you'll have to order the 2.5 lb, fine, we'll take it, at the 2 lb price.  Ohh, I'll have to check with the owner.  We also ordered sides, apps, etc.  We already had a $50 tab on drinks, we were not there to just drop the cheapest way.  It was easily going to be a $200 table.

Owner comes over, what are you all upset about?  Started off rude, I tried to be nice and upbeat, said, goodness, you are already out of so many cuts of your meat and its only 7 pm on Friday, he goes into a condesending lecture about how he has to cut his meat, seriously he was a complete donkey, he wasn't willing to do anything, no dessert, no free mushrooms, nothing.  So we up and left (well, paid our bill, of course)  the poor waitress came over and apologized, pretty said when a waitress is doing more to keep customers happy than the owner.  

Anyway, I'll spare  you the rest of the details, but I can't say there is any restaurant good enough to go where they treat customers like that.  

We all went to McGills on 21st, had a wonderful meal, the manager came and checked on us often, even threw in appetizers in when he heard about our horrible experience.

Stinks because when they are good, they were one of my favorite places to eat.  

A

grahambino
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 09:49:25 am »

I am not planning on eating there.  All because of the name.
breitee
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 11:16:13 am »

This dump sucks big time!
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:54 am »

We love McGill's. Always great.
safetyguy
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 01:54:28 pm »

It's high priced steaks and you eat at picnic tables (at least we did a few years ago). The tamales are pretty darn good.

We were there kind of late one night and the waiter starts off by telling us all of the cuts of steak that they are out of (over half I would guess). It's a freakin' steak place!! Come on
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:14:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

Here's their menu, you decide what's expensive:

Doe's Menu

thanks.  I looked it up yesterday on my iPhone and saw the menu but didnt list the prices.  Thanks.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org