A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:38:33 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super 8 on I-44  (Read 3144 times)
flybriz
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:51:58 pm »

I noticed on my drive to work this morning that they are finally tearing down the old Spy Shop/E-Commerce/Available.com place on Skelly near Peoria.  Anyone know if that Super 8 and the Waffle House will get torn down as well?  It was tough to tell from the PDF of the I-44 expansion.
inteller
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:01:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by flybriz

I noticed on my drive to work this morning that they are finally tearing down the old Spy Shop/E-Commerce/Available.com place on Skelly near Peoria.  Anyone know if that Super 8 and the Waffle House will get torn down as well?  It was tough to tell from the PDF of the I-44 expansion.

I guess one side effect of the expansion will be all the whoretels and greasy spoons getting eliminated.  Combine that with the type of zoning that is left and you won't see them be able to rebuild.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:26:46 pm »

As I read the PDF, I-44 will be moving slightly south and the waffle house appears completely safe. The hotel looks iffy.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:39:56 pm »

I noticed that houses are coming down south of I-44 right at Riverside, I would have never guessed that those houses would be in danger.
danno
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:55:26 pm »

I noticed that they tore down that house on the corner of utica and 51st, right off the I-44 exit. I say good riddance. That house had a wooden fence and bushes that made it almost impossible to see eastbound traffic coming off the highway when turning off utica on to 51st. I'll be sad to see that waffle house go, though, its nice and shady. I saw a guy almost get beaten to death in there one time.
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 12:08:29 pm »

When I was moving out of my house that ODOT bought and hauled off.  A guy claiming to be the maintainence person for Super 8 came up to my door asking for all the door knobs to my house. (that was weird)  I asked him about the future of the Super 8.  He said ODOT is taking the front office/pool building only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org