A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:27:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Back to Basics!"  (Read 3567 times)
FOTD
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:34 am »

This has seemed to me to be the only real solution to our problem of a bankrupt city with crumbling infrstructure for some time. Now, can we please get rid of the "Peter's" still hanging out in the Pubic Werks Deportment? They failed the citizens....

Councilor: Use existing taxes for streets
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080127_1_A21_hrpbV60823

Streets proposal highlights

Dedicate entire third penny to streets beginning in 2013.

Capture city’s shares of Tulsa County’s Four-to- Fix the County in 2012 and Vision 2025 in 2017.

Renew general obligation bond in 2010 entirely for streets.

Increase Tulsa’s property tax levy by 3.3 mills in 2010 to equalize with Oklahoma City’s.

Establish a Tulsa Transportation Authority for oversight.

I guess we can't start before 2013 due to current terms and conditions on the 3rd penny extension. Otherwise, I'd push the time table up. Congrats Mr. Martinson. A politician who seems to be working harder than our own Federal and Sate elected officials.
blindnil
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:03:18 am »

It can start in 2010 with a renewed GO bond and 3.3 mills property tax increase.
booWorld
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:10:12 am »

I didn't read the comments after the article, but once again I think the basic issue of density is being ignored.  We have lots of physical separation between people and different land uses.  Even if we could fix all the streets within five years, it wouldn't be too long before we are in the same situation again:  Too few people paying for too much sprawling infrastructure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org