A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:27:29 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd like to show you something somewhat Depressing  (Read 6025 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »

AOX:

You said "Bushco" lies, you impling that the executive branches in charge of economic statistics are also lying and hence, we could not trust the numbers.  I responded that no credible source, nor even yourself, has any evidence even suggesting that such is the case.  

Thus, people with real money all over the world and other national financial institutions rely on our economic data.  They trust the numbers given and trade on them accordingly.  Hell, even the hint of news from one of our agencies sees world markets reacting in moments.

All of the statics rendering by our government, as listed previously, are done by EXECUTIVE agencies.  Those are headed by the president of the United States. That is George Bush. Thus, all the statistics relied on by the world come from GW Bush... and they are not seriously questioned.  They come from "Bushco" not the free enterprise system.  Executive Agencies are NOT the free enterprise system.

So show me where those numbers are being molded by Bush.  Which, of course, you can't.  In spite of your ability to follow every left wing news source on the web you STILL have no basis for most of your claims.  

In summation:
Bush is the president.
The president is the head of the executive branch.
The executive branch issues economic statistics.
Those statistics are relied on.

Make sense?  I can back up further and explain to you what an agency is.  

So, with your newfound knowledge base do you have anything to back up your rhetoric or were you just making crap up again?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 05:06:40 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD
Wow! You've almost convinced me! But there is no precedent for lying us into war.

- Revolutionary War ("Massacre at Concord" and many other atrocities that led to all out war were greatly exaggerated by the patriots)

-War of 1812 (we greatly over reported the harassment of US shipping in order to assert ourselves and try a land grab in Canada)

- Mexican American War (Overtly picked a fight for a land grab)

- Civil War (plenty of lying to go around)

- Spanish American War ("Remember the Maine..." whose boiler blew up but we ignored that fact for another land grab)

- WWI (constant promises to stay out of the "European War" were eventually ignored)

- Vietnam (Many claim the Gulf of Tonken was a setup, add to it our 'advisers' and continued promises of no escalation)

quote:
Wow! You've almost convinced me! But there is no precedent for lying us into war.

Thanks again for showing your vast knowledge.  Wars are usually started by lies.  Some history sees as vindicated or can at least fuzz (civil war was to stop slavery), other's are not (largely Mexican American war is now seen as an overt land grab).  Making a judgment short of 30 years is too soon to really know.  

That is, of course, ignoring the entire premise of "he lied" for which you nor anyone else have actual proof.  A lie being not a statement that turns out to be false, but something said known to be untrue at the time.  With actual proof the Democrats and hopefully the Republicans would begin an impeachment proceeding like they did against Clinton.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 05:09:04 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:

CF...I'll tell you again, don't believe everything you see and hear coming from this executive branch. I have fore warned all here before. Mr. Market's correction bears witness to my "claims" that the current regime will do almost everything to hide the truth. After all their prior deceit, how can you peep from your "little world" saying there is no basis for my statement?

Sheesh dude, name one presidential administration which hasn't lied to the American public or the rest of the world.  There's good precedent, especially in time of war.

So, you guys think it's ok that the President of the U.S.A. has no integrity? Neat.

Uh, ever hear of "Bay of Pigs" or a little place called "Viet Nam"?  Don't s'pose there were ever any exaggerations for Korea either.  Maybe some flawed intelligence to base those "lies" on.

The U.S. lacking integrity in the eyes of the rest of the world is nothing new.  There is no magic solution to improve our image to every other nation.

I'm trying hard to figure out what Carter and Clinton did to bolster our image abroad with complete unanimity, and I can't think of one thing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 10:51:33 pm »

CF....you are the most knowledgeable person at TNF. We all know that. No need to inflate yourself while cutting us down.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 08:11:05 am »

quote:

CF....you are the most knowledgeable person at TNF. We all know that. No need to inflate yourself while cutting us down.

By "US" I assume you are referring to yourself.  I frequently say "I don't know" or "correct me when this is wrong."   If I don't know something I either look it up, ask a question, or abstain from making a stupid comment.

For some reason lacking knowledge doesn't discourage you from "informing" everyone.  Above is a PERFECT example. "[N]o precedent for lying us into war." So I provide multiple precedents... and yet instead of admitting you were very obviously wrong you press your attack.

So while I'm glad I got your vote for mostest knowingest person, but I'm not running.  Anyone with the internet should have been able to look that stuff up.  Unless they just don't care to learn the facts.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
spoonbill
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 08:21:07 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:

All of our econimic statistics are skewed, or "republicanized."

I thought we established, in great detail, that you have no economic knowledge what-so-ever, and thus - like most of your claims, no basis for this statement.

FOTarD
iplaw
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 08:33:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

quote:

All of our econimic statistics are skewed, or "republicanized."

I thought we established, in great detail, that you have no economic knowledge what-so-ever, and thus - like most of your claims, no basis for this statement.

FOTarD

Brilliant!
FOTD
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 01:10:19 pm »

US=little devils

United in Spirit....and coming together to fight evil doers.

FOTD
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:52 pm »

quote:

US=little devils

United in Spirit....and coming together to fight evil doers.

FOTurDs would have been funnier.....

Name calling. How old are they?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org