A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:09:52 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow: The Park at Adam's Creek  (Read 23246 times)
Composer
« on: January 19, 2008, 06:24:32 pm »

The Park at Adam's Creek in Broken Arrow

This is a Power Center located at 71st and 193rd in Broken Arrow, OK.  Back in 2002, the Lowes was built and was the only thing located here until just recently when many companies have decided to locate here.  Here is a list of the following places here at The Park at Adam's Creek:

Lowes
Buffalo Wild Wings
Chili's
IHOP
TTCU-BA
Santa Fe Cattle Co.
Cinemark Theater (construction should begin this year)

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 06:30:22 pm »

That's pretty tiny for a theater...

Dollar movies, coming soon..
Composer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 07:15:14 pm »

It would appear small because the way the picture is taken but it is big enough for a 16 screen theater.  That is a little more than a dollar theater.

The site plan for The Park at Adam's Creek shows a 50,000 square foot theater.  The new Cinemark theater that opened in Orem, UT is a 16 screen, 47,000 square foot building.  I am sure it will be pretty close to the size of the one at 71st and 169.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:03:43 am »

I can remember when that area was nothing more than pasture. Progress is not always a bad thing, but I'm kinda on the fence with this one....
Composer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 01:05:31 pm »

Mr. Jaynes, what puts you on the fence with this one?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Composer

Mr. Jaynes, what puts you on the fence with this one?

I'm trying to see if that particular area is the right fit for those particular businesses. I can see a Lowe's, but an IHOP?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 06:09:43 pm »

You know, IHOP is really false advertising. My son speaks French and my daughter speaks Spanish and when we went there for pancakes, everything was in English.

Sure the menu had french toast and belgian waffles, but so does the Blue Dome Diner and they don't lie about being all foreign.  

It also isn't even a house...

Power is nothing till you use it.
Composer
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »

Good point Michael.

I think IHOP has a great location there and I am sure they will say the same.  When I was in H.S., we would often go for late dinners and order breakfast.  Well, they are located near the largest H.S. in the state.  They also have visibility from the Broken Arrow Expressway.  With the new Target and Marshall's, traffic counts will only rise.  Right now, I think about 30,000 cpd go along 71st. and nearly 70,000 cpd along the BA Expressway.  With the added retail, 71st traffic counts will probably rise to as high as 36,000 cpd.

The IHOP has always been busy with not enough parking every time I go by it.
TeeDub
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 02:36:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

I can see a Lowe's, but an IHOP?

One of the first free exits coming off the Muskogee turnpike.    Nice spot for travelers and locals alike.

You should see the crowds in there on the weekends.
Composer
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 03:05:39 pm »

I agree with you TeeDub...It is a great location.  The city spent money many years ago to widen 71st to 6 lanes from Lynn Lane (177th) to County Line (193rd).  That was when Wal-Mart was over in that area.  

Once this area fills up with more retail, there will not be as much of a traffic problem that usually occurs around such developments.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:41:24 pm »

quote:

Good point Michael.

I think IHOP has a great location there and I am sure they will say the same.  When I was in H.S., we would often go for late dinners and order breakfast.  Well, they are located near the largest H.S. in the state.  They also have visibility from the Broken Arrow Expressway.  With the new Target and Marshall's, traffic counts will only rise.  Right now, I think about 30,000 cpd go along 71st. and nearly 70,000 cpd along the BA Expressway.  With the added retail, 71st traffic counts will probably rise to as high as 36,000 cpd.

The IHOP has always been busy with not enough parking every time I go by it.

I did not go to Broken Arrow High School (my siblings did), but I must say that it is a very large campus (almost like a college campus). It's nice to have some development in that area, it's just that apart from the Lowe's, it all looks kinda random.
Composer
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 10:15:52 pm »

I agree that it might look random at the moment but within the next year, a new Target and Marshall's will begin construction to the west.  A Cinemark theater will be constructed this year as well.  I think in 2-3 years, the area will start to look like the Power Center it was intended to be.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:20:52 pm »

quote:

I agree that it might look random at the moment but within the next year, a new Target and Marshall's will begin construction to the west.  A Cinemark theater will be constructed this year as well.  I think in 2-3 years, the area will start to look like the Power Center it was intended to be.

Besides Target, Marshalls and Cinemark, what else would find its way into that mix?
Composer
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 10:35:37 pm »

Here are the rumors that I have so far:

Olive Garden
Gordmans
Bed Bath and Beyond
Staples
Books-A-Million
Best Buy or Circuit City
Petsmart
Old Navy
joiei
City Father

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 06:46:04 am »

So far, of all the stores mentioned to go into that developement, there is nothing that would make me want to go there.  Just the same old, same old.  And all of those stores are already found at places closer to me.  

As for having 6 lanes to speed traffic on Kenosha, it doesn't work over by Woodland Mall, I don't think it will work there either.  

I am sure that it will make a difference for those who live in that area, but there is no real draw to make me drive past already existing stores to get there.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org