A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:56:24 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broken Arrow: The Park at Adam's Creek  (Read 23384 times)
TeeDub
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 01:39:01 pm »

The access directly off the highway as well as the assortment of stores without having to brave the 71st and 169 corridor should prove to be a wonderful benefit for Broken Arrow.

Maybe we can talk them into a Dave and Busters while we are at it.
perspicuity85
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 03:32:05 pm »

Perfect location for a movie theatre- near the largest high school in the state.  More movies are target marketed to 13-21 year olds than any other age group.  IHOP also works well near a large high school population.  Try the IHOP on 71st and Garnett on a Friday night in the Fall around 10 pm.  The place is packed with Union HS kids after football games.  Not to mention all the parents.  The highway visibility and proximity of high school events will fare well for this IHOP.
Composer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 04:00:29 pm »

Ahh...Dave and Busters would be a great addition to BA at The Park at Adam's Creek!
mr.jaynes
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 10:55:46 am »

What the heck, why not just put up a new mall out there? More stores, more choices!
TeeDub
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 01:50:33 pm »

From what I am told, this will be about as close to a mall as they are getting over at 71st and 75..    

I thought that was going to be a mall too, until I was told by several people (I don't drive by there anymore) that it is going to just be a collection of big box stores.
Composer
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 04:37:51 pm »

Big-Box stores anchor these kind of projects and then the little specialty stores come.  They hold out and wait to see the kind of foot traffic that will follow.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 04:55:05 pm »

what happened to the fried pie place next to Coney Island? I was out that way Wednesday and sign said closed....for good? I wanted a fried Apricot pie!!!!!

Composer
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 06:31:33 pm »

Santa Fe Cattle Co. Opens TODAY
The Park at Adam's Creek in Broken Arrow welcomes the addition of another restaurant.  At this time, it is the first Santa Fe. Cattle Co. in the Tulsa metro.  

Location: Right off the Broken Arrow Expressway and 71st.  (Take the Kenosha exit) and turn left.  The restaurant is next to TTCU and across from Buffalo Wild Wings.

Go check this place out.  If you visit, come back here with a review.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 10:14:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ARGUS

what happened to the fried pie place next to Coney Island? I was out that way Wednesday and sign said closed....for good? I wanted a fried Apricot pie!!!!!

Please don't tell me the Fried Pie store is closed for good.  That was the only place that I would drive that far out to get food.  They had GREAT pies.  I guess I just will not go out there anymore.  Pass through yes, as a destination, no.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Composer
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 04:33:41 pm »

Bid for Cinemark 12 - Broken Arrow is currently open

The new Broken Arrow theater will feature the state-of-the-art (XD) Extreme Digital Experience
There will be stadium seating throughout all rooms. 
Seating Capacity will be 2,100.
TheCommish
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 08:32:46 pm »

So far, of all the stores mentioned to go into that developement, there is nothing that would make me want to go there.  Just the same old, same old.  And all of those stores are already found at places closer to me.  

As for having 6 lanes to speed traffic on Kenosha, it doesn't work over by Woodland Mall, I don't think it will work there either.  

I am sure that it will make a difference for those who live in that area, but there is no real draw to make me drive past already existing stores to get there.

Whoa Nellie.

We that live way over here don't want to drive to Tulsa for the same old, same old.  We want some of it also.

We need the tax dollars here in East BA. 

You are correct in that it will make a difference to those who live in that area.

THe more areas that are developed accordingly will slowly lessen the traffic near 71st and Memorial.  Not noticeble maybe, but it would be worse if development over here did not take place.

Composer
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 09:15:05 pm »

Having the Target will help 71st and Garnett traffic but it is probably not really noticeable yet.  If Broken Arrow gets a Kohl's and when the new Cinemark 12 is built, it will be more noticeable. 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 06:21:07 am »

Just FYI, I comparison-shopped and found many prices at the BA target higher than the super target.
TeeDub
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 11:07:11 pm »

They have broken ground and have begun work on the Cinemark.
Composer
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 02:09:19 pm »

Cinemark 12 - Broken Arrow
Site should open in May 2010

From the BA Ledger
James Meredith, vice president of marketing and communications for Cinemark Holdings Inc., headquartered in Plano, Texas, is excited about the new, 12-screen Cinemark facility under construction on Hillside Drive in Broken Arrow.

"We are excited about the BA market and look forward to continuing our involvement with the local community," Meredith said.
The existing Cinemark 8 in BA will gain a "big sister" approximately eight miles northeast on Hillside Drive in a "booming" area of town, in addition to two Cinemark locations in Tulsa, one of which includes an IMAX® theater.

In the past 18 months, the one-mile stretch of Hillside Drive between Lynn Lane and County Line Road has seen 10 major retail stores and restaurants open. Some of them include Target Corp., PetSmart Inc., AT&T and Olive Garden. The addition of a 12-screen Cinemark cineplex adds another national and international chain to the mix.

Meredith said. "The theater is our standard configuration, and it will contain amenities that movie-goers have come to expect in an environment which best enhances the movie-going experience."

Cineplex standards, in head-to-head competition with home-theaters, depend on better "stuff" to meet customer expectations.
"The auditoriums will contain stadium seating with the high-back, rocker chairs and love-seats,and state-of-the-art audio and visual digital equipment,"Meredith said.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org