A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:03:43 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 101st and Memorial  (Read 47143 times)
Composer
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2008, 10:42:11 am »

The 71st Target is going to lose lots of business when the Broken Arrow Target opens and this new one opens.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Composer

The 71st Target is going to lose lots of business when the Broken Arrow Target opens and this new one opens.

The Broken Arrow Target is a conventional Target, 71st is a Super Target. It may lose some to the 101st store but it will be 2009 or 2010 until that happens.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2008, 05:57:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

This conversation makes one appreciate midtown all the more. Too bad there is no good way to add half mile streets in that entire area. That one design change could have helped a lot.

Traffic gets stupid in midtown, too. It seems better, though, as you don't have to drive as far to get to your destination, generally.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Composer
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2008, 07:58:39 pm »

I do not think many people are driving to Target from Broken Arrow for groceries.  They go for the general merchandise because they do not want to go to Wal-Mart.  Those people who live closer to the new BA Target will shop at the new Target.
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2008, 08:02:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

This conversation makes one appreciate midtown all the more. Too bad there is no good way to add half mile streets in that entire area. That one design change could have helped a lot.

Traffic gets stupid in midtown, too.

Amen to that...51/Yale, 31/Harvard & the BA, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org