A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:16:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 101st and Memorial  (Read 47071 times)
inteller
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2008, 06:56:47 am »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Now that this is all but a done deal I wonder what will go in at the 121st & Memorial location where the Super Target was originally rumored to be located?

you are right it is all BUT a done deal.  It is getting appealed....and unlike TMAPC, the city council isn't made up of a bunch of developers and related people.

another another factor that has nothing to do with Tulsa....Target is coming out with results next week and they are saying they will be weak.  If they are weak then target may pull back expansion plans and this might not happen at all.  If that happens I'm gonna go down to the site and pour a forty for bumgarner and his dead project.

Don't get too excited....SOMETHING will be built there. Too prime a spot not to have something big on it.

I fully expect and want something SENSIBLE to be built there.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2008, 10:04:25 am »

Looks like Target is feeling success.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectID=32&articleID=20081015_32_E2_Alongp184715

A long-proposed Target store on the northeast corner of 101st Street and Memorial Drive has taken a big step closer to reality with the retailer purchasing nine acres at the site for $5.4 million.

Jessica Hauser, a spokeswoman for Minneapolis-based Target Corp., confirmed Tuesday that the company had purchased land on the undeveloped corner but said plans for a store have not been completed.

"We'd like to build there, and we'll be working with the city and county over the next few months to work toward that goal," she said.

Target's site would be part of South Town Market, a 21-acre retail development planned by John Bumgarner. The discount store chain acquired the land, located in Tulsa just north of Bixby, through his company, 1995 Land Co.

The latest site plan indicates that the key retail anchor, located at the site of Target's purchase, would use approximately 186,000 square feet.

South Town Market also includes 48,000 square feet of retail space to be constructed by Bumgarner to the north and south of the proposed Target, along with three 6,000-square-foot outparcel buildings and one 3,500-square-foot outparcel.

Bumgarner said he is not sure when construction would begin, though he's actively seeking bids from contractors.

Hauser didn't say why Target sought out the particular location, though she said the retailer generally seeks places with high visibility and easy access.
dsjeffries
« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2008, 10:26:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Looks like Target is feeling success.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectID=32&articleID=20081015_32_E2_Alongp184715

A long-proposed Target store on the northeast corner of 101st Street and Memorial Drive has taken a big step closer to reality with the retailer purchasing nine acres at the site for $5.4 million.

Jessica Hauser, a spokeswoman for Minneapolis-based Target Corp., confirmed Tuesday that the company had purchased land on the undeveloped corner but said plans for a store have not been completed.

"We'd like to build there, and we'll be working with the city and county over the next few months to work toward that goal," she said.

Target's site would be part of South Town Market, a 21-acre retail development planned by John Bumgarner. The discount store chain acquired the land, located in Tulsa just north of Bixby, through his company, 1995 Land Co.

The latest site plan indicates that the key retail anchor, located at the site of Target's purchase, would use approximately 186,000 square feet.

South Town Market also includes 48,000 square feet of retail space to be constructed by Bumgarner to the north and south of the proposed Target, along with three 6,000-square-foot outparcel buildings and one 3,500-square-foot outparcel.

Bumgarner said he is not sure when construction would begin, though he's actively seeking bids from contractors.

Hauser didn't say why Target sought out the particular location, though she said the retailer generally seeks places with high visibility and easy access.

I wonder if they would be willing to do something more upscale than the typical Target? Or make it multi-level? It would be great even if it were just two levels.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2008, 10:37:11 am »

Notice the developer name? I bet this will have a terra cotta roof.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2008, 11:09:07 am »

Just what I always wanted. Another big box store and more traffic on Memorial.

Yuck!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2008, 01:12:09 pm »

Where's inteller?!?!? Someone page him, his pet project is alive again..
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #141 on: October 16, 2008, 06:30:08 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Where's inteller?!?!? Someone page him, his pet project is alive again..

I read an article this morning on Channel 8 about this, and I instantly came on here looking for intellers comments.  I am disappointed.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #142 on: October 16, 2008, 08:07:37 am »

He probably keeled over with a heart attack.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2008, 08:21:26 am »

Heart attack

Head exploding

massive evac of the bowels

I figured that too.  I'm very bummed Inteller is MIA.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2008, 08:35:03 am »

He probably choked on his Wal-Mart brand Cheesecake Danish.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2008, 02:51:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow

Yuck!

I doubt it will actually increase traffic on memorial north of 101st much. Most of the people shopping at this location would probably either already be passing by, or coming from surrounding neighborhoods.

It might be something of a draw from Bixby, but even then, the folks who would shop at this Target over the Wal-Mart at 111th would have been driving up Memorial to get on 169 to go to the Target at 71st anyway. (or driving to the grocery store already at 101st & memorial)

All that land is filling in whether we like it or not. I can only hope the folks in inteller's neighborhood can at least get the city to make the developers install lighting that stays on the property. There's enough excess light in the area from the car dealers. :p

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:

Yuck!

I doubt it will actually increase traffic on memorial north of 101st much. Most of the people shopping at this location would probably either already be passing by, or coming from surrounding neighborhoods.

It might be something of a draw from Bixby, but even then, the folks who would shop at this Target over the Wal-Mart at 111th would have been driving up Memorial to get on 169 to go to the Target at 71st anyway. (or driving to the grocery store already at 101st & memorial)

All that land is filling in whether we like it or not. I can only hope the folks in inteller's neighborhood can at least get the city to make the developers install lighting that stays on the property. There's enough excess light in the area from the car dealers. :p

I expect it will attract people from north of 101st wanting to avoid going to 71st to the Super Target there. When WalMart moved from 91st to 111th, the traffic jam only moved 2 miles farther south. Traffic between 111th and 101st has been horrible even during off rush hour traffic, especially on the weekends when the amateur drivers are out in force. The quantity of cars wouldn't be too awful but the really clueless drivers make it intolerable.  Regal Plaza (or whatever it is called) isn't going to help.    101st & Memorial will need to have improvements to the turning lanes to lessen the nightmare.

I know the strip shopping areas are unpopular on this forum but at least they didn't generate so much traffic.

I have to agree about the lighting. I used to be able to see some stars at night to the north. It hard to see much of anything to the north less than 45° of elevation anymore.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #147 on: October 16, 2008, 08:40:25 pm »

quote:
Traffic between 111th and 101st has been horrible even during off rush hour traffic, especially on the weekends when the amateur drivers are out in force. The quantity of cars wouldn't be too awful but the really clueless drivers make it intolerable.
101st & Memorial will need to have improvements to the turning lanes to lessen the nightmare.

I hear you on the clueless drivers. There's no need to drive 40 in a 50, but half of the folks driving between 101st and 111th do it.

Turning lane improvements will definitely be needed on WB 101st and the left turn lane on SB Memorial could probably use lengthening. It wouldn't be nearly as big a problem if people in this town could handle U-turns.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2008, 06:46:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm
[I hear you on the clueless drivers. There's no need to drive 40 in a 50, but half of the folks driving between 101st and 111th do it.

And they do it side by side with no one in front of them.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2008, 08:53:09 am »

This conversation makes one appreciate midtown all the more. Too bad there is no good way to add half mile streets in that entire area. That one design change could have helped a lot.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org