A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:13:35 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Xeal, Tony Baker? Has he made anyone money?  (Read 6574 times)
buzz words
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:40:47 pm »

I have listened to his show. Has he increased other's traffic?
spoonbill
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:58:39 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

He certainly has a powerfully trashy website.  I admit I have never heard of him, but from looking at his site, it is obvious that he is not very well versed at what he calls himself an expert in.

The front page makes you think you are going to see a concise well designed site, then you start to browse and BAM!  10 different fonts, multiple banners and columns.  I'm picky but, simple sells.
inteller
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 06:36:40 pm »

quote:

well this explains all of your posts....you have obviously bought his line of BS hook line and sinker.
buzz words
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:17:20 pm »

I have seen his prices I could not afford them.  Truly if I could afford them I would be letting you all know how great or bad the service is.  Or ask you to view the site and ask if I had gotten my money's worth.
buzz words
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:19:39 pm »

I have seen his prices I could not afford them.  Truly if I could afford them I would be letting you all know how great or bad the service is.  Or ask you to view the site and ask if I had gotten my money's worth.
inteller
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

quote:

well, I can tell you one of his clients that gets on the radio and talks is an a**hole and possibly a fraud.  and since online gambling in the US is illegal, Xeal is abetting a criminal by claiming to provide services to that client.

but what is most irritating is that they put the "definition" of xeal on their website like it came out of a dictionary.

xeal is not a word you second rate domain ****.
tonydbaker
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 06:10:53 pm »

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

First let me tell you about myself. I’m a native to Tulsa, born in 1972 at St. Francis Hospital. For most of my life, Tulsa has been my home. For the last 11 and a half years, it's been a base of operations for Xeal, Inc.

If you check around, you'll see our prices fall in the mid-range for internet marketing and design firms. We strive to deliver excellent value at a fair price for all parties involved.

In regards to the original question, "Has he increased other’s traffic." The answer is yes. Not only do we ensure our client's websites are search engine friendly, we also work hard to secure publicity for those sites through news, blogs, and social media networks.

The results: websites ranked very well without keyword stuffing, spam and black-hat tricks likely to get a site banned.

Don't take my word for it.

Listen to the dozens of testimonials available on our website.

http://www.xeal.com/testimonials.htm

Take a look at the publicity we achieved for one of clients just this week:

http://www.journalrecord.com/article.cfm?recid=85112

http://newsok.com/article/3161210/1193892032

Listen to my interview with Alex Mandossian this Sunday at noon on 1170 KFAQ.

Thanks to the success of our clients, we have a beautiful office with the best view in town. Our office is on the top floor of the University Club Tower and faces the downtown skyline with floor to ceiling windows. You're welcome to stop by anytime to chat with me personally.

You are welcome to criticize Xeal.com. The 4-year-old design is definitely in need of a makeover. I guess it’s like the shoemaker whose kids have no shoes.

I am relieved that the most irritating thing that you found was that my graphic designer gave a definition for the company name, which at the time was a common trend among web sites that had unique domains.  I feel fortunate that we were able to come up with a 4 character domain name regardless of the fact that it is not a real word or spelled right.  Google wasn’t a real word either.

I have never been accused of abetting a criminal before. Stevenson hired us for email marketing consultation. His online tournaments are perfectly legal in all 50 states. In fact his patent should have put all of his competition out of business, but he has chosen to not be the aggressor.

We are not perfect, but we do our best.  We are Tulsan’s tried and true.  We are hard working, worthy of ridicule and worthy of respect.  We are XEAL.

Tony Darrick Baker
XEAL
Rico
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:07 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^[}:)]

Welllll............

Unless you and Senor buzzword are in "cahoots", which as a form of marketing may very well be the case, you may be a true success story..?

No insult intended Senor buzzword..

Let's just say I am always curious when a newbie spouts so many threads....

Welcome Senor Baker... Nice of you to describe your success by your surroundings.
inteller
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 07:21:14 pm »

well, you can call them tournaments or whatever, but people playing games of chance over the internet and taking payouts is gambling and is illegal in the US via the Safe Port Act.  How your client manages to skirt the law thus far is a mystery to everyone.

"His online tournaments are perfectly legal in all 50 states."

That is a false statement.  From the website itself:

Q16. Is there any U.S. states whose residents are ineligible to play?
A16. Yes, each state has its own legislation. To comply with particular state legislation, we do not allow residents of Arizona, Connecticut and Vermont to play on our site.
buzz words
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:51:15 pm »

I spoke with the gentleman that owns gojunk and here is his site.  http://www.18774gojunk.com/ how much did he pay for that?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 07:22:49 am »

quote:

I spoke with the gentleman that owns gojunk and here is his site.  http://www.18774gojunk.com/ how much did he pay for that?

Hopefully not more than like $200-$300.
tonydbaker
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:54:22 pm »

"His online tournaments are perfectly legal in all 50 states."

That is a false statement. From the website itself:"

I admit, I was wrong.  

I should have stated... "As far as I know, online tournaments are perfectly legal in all 50 states."

And likewise.  "As far as I am aware, tournaments involving skill games, whether it be cards, bowling, or golf, or any other game where the outcome of a game where one pays an entry fee before starting the game and based on accumulated score, are perfectly legal."

I was wrong.  However, this was someone using a client's referral to try to reflect on my business.  I do not have any financial interest or otherwise in the client's business.  They paid for consulting on a particular topic and received it.  I appreciate the opportunity to provide that consulting.

If you have a problem with the client's business then take it up with the State Attorney General or whoever you feel may be the appropriate person to handle your complaint.

Also note:  I have no idea who "buzz words" is or why he/she would start writing a post about me.

It is certainly not appealing to be ridiculed and questioned in this fashion.

Tony
buzz words
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 10:17:01 pm »

Sorry Tony, The question I ask how good of a service does your company "XEAL" provide.  I wanted to get honest non-biased information about your company.  I had no intent to insult or ridicule you or your company.  

Really, If you are offended I apologize sincerely.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 10:22:07 pm »

Thank you for responding Tony.

I am not an expert on web sites, but I respect you for answering critics on this forum.

I wish you the best of luck in your business.

Power is nothing till you use it.
inteller
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 07:05:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tonydbaker

If you have a problem with the client's business then take it up with the State Attorney General or whoever you feel may be the appropriate person to handle your complaint.

Why that is a great idea.  I think I'll do just that.  You know, to be clear on where it stands.  I'm sure some former consultants who had to take non payment write offs would like to know too....you know, just to be sure.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org