A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:47:03 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has the best quality meat and produce in Tulsa  (Read 6102 times)
dayzella
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 04:55:59 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

quote:
Originally posted by buzz words

what about whole foods & Omaha steak  What is there quality of meat?

Omaha steak is very cheap stuff.  My wife used to order from them.  It's all vacuum sealed injected with what they call "10% solution" and for the most part disgusting.

I have gotten great meat at Whole Foods (Same Company as Wild Oats).  I go there to buy Lamb because the butcher knows how to dress chops properly.  But it's very expensive.

I must admit.  The best meat I've purchased for grilling, or BBQ has got to be SAM's.  They will custom cut just about anything for you and the price is right.

There is a Whole Foods here?  I thought there was just the Wild Oats in Brookside.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 04:59:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dayzella

quote:

quote:

Omaha steak is very cheap stuff.  My wife used to order from them.  It's all vacuum sealed injected with what they call "10% solution" and for the most part disgusting.

I have gotten great meat at Whole Foods (Same Company as Wild Oats).  I go there to buy Lamb because the butcher knows how to dress chops properly.  But it's very expensive.

I must admit.  The best meat I've purchased for grilling, or BBQ has got to be SAM's.  They will custom cut just about anything for you and the price is right.

There is a Whole Foods here?  I thought there was just the Wild Oats in Brookside.

Whole Foods owns Wild Oats now.
dayzella
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 07:31:10 pm »

quote:

Whole Foods owns Wild Oats now.
[/quote]

Yes, I know.  I thought spoonbill was saying that he had been to a physical location different from the store in Brookside - one called Whole Foods.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:03 am »

quote:

quote:

Omaha is pretty much the same thing as the little vac-pack filets they sell for $4.00 at Reasor's or elsewhere.  They come out tender, I just have a problem knowing that's 10% phosphate and other additives in the solution.  Yuck!  Talk about tying up your bowel for a few days!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Wilbur
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 07:05:56 am »

Oops.

quote:
Food distributor Fadler Co. files bankruptcy

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectID=46&articleID=20080109_5_E1_spanc41357
dayzella
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 10:57:33 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

Oops.

quote:
Food distributor Fadler Co. files bankruptcy

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectID=46&articleID=20080109_5_E1_spanc41357

The article says:
quote:
Gary McDonald, a lawyer representing Fadler, said the filing will not have an effect on the delivery of food to its customers.

"The company has an outstanding customer base, and we intend to continue that," McDonald said.

and

quote:
The company also sells meat and bulk foods directly to the public through Fadler's Market, a section of its main warehouse at 6511 E. 44th St.

I'm going with the theory that the direct to public store will stay open for now, too ... and that maybe I ought to go visit it soon, just in case.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org