A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:39:47 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: downtown coffee shop open  (Read 8850 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 05:36:40 pm »

Kewl, thank ya. I have been over there and of course know that building, just never saw that sign and can never get in the building.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:39 pm »

I am writing this from Shades of Brown down on Brookside, and I'd like to confirm it is in fact a very cozy and welcoming coffee shop. Definitely enjoyable.

I'd also like to confirm that I will in fact do almost anything for free wifi, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Shades of Brown specifically.  It has to do with me having loose morals and a poor self image.  

OKC_Shane
Civic Leader

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:48 pm »

That looks like a great place... I too love to see a local coffeeshop going in over Starbucks. However, I think having a Starbucks has certain merits as far as attracting other national retailers is concerned, so the idea shouldn't be discounted completely.

The Mayo is such a terribly beautiful building, so glad to see it coming back.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 04:25:22 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by OKC_Shane

That looks like a great place... I too love to see a local coffeeshop going in over Starbucks. However, I think having a Starbucks has certain merits as far as attracting other national retailers is concerned, so the idea shouldn't be discounted completely.

Starbucks just opened downtown 5 blocks away in the Crowne Plaza hotel
dayzella
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 04:55:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by OKC_Shane

Starbucks just opened downtown 5 blocks away in the Crowne Plaza hotel

My boss went to the new Starbucks this morning.  I had been under the impression that it would be completely inside the hotel and literally a kiosk, but she said that there is an entrance door on the plaza, and that the Starbucks is sectioned so that it doesn't feel like a hotel coffee kiosk but a real store.

She pointed out that when it is a little warmer, having the Starbucks enter/exit to the plaza will mean people using the plaza as a commons instead of just a walk throughway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org