A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:19:37 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whole Foods at 81st and Lewis?  (Read 5811 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: November 15, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »

This would now be Tulsa's second Whole Foods (with the former Wild Oats) to be located in a new retail center at 81st and Lewis.

http://tulsacommercial.blogspot.com/2007/11/cityplex-towers-outparcels-to-be.html

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:40 am »

Not sur ehow much I trust the blog, but the added density and those two tenants would be nice. Rather see them at tulsa hills or riverwalk if they were building in that area, though.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:40:22 pm »

I wish they would put one further South and East. We live in Bixby and drivng to 41st and Lewis to go to Wild Oats sucks. 81st is a little better...but not a whole lot.
safetyguy
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:22:04 pm »

Will it really be a Whole Foods or just a Wild Oats with the Whole Foods name?

It would be cool if it was a real Whole Foods.
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:25:43 pm »

TARGET had their sights on this parcel but moved their target site to Tulsa Hills.

Whole Foods will not come to Oklahoma unless they can sell booze. Doesn't this site prohibit booze?

I sense the market has passed this location by.....maybe not. 200,000 sq. ft. Lifestyle Center? Mike and Richard? Holy rollers? Some bodies may be left as a result of a devil being behind this.... and it's not Gary Richardson. The devil is in the details....

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 04:47:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

Whole Foods will not come to Oklahoma unless they can sell booze. Doesn't this site prohibit booze?

No, Target looked at a site at 91st and Delaware, not 81st and Lewis.

And Whole Foods now has a store at 41st and Peoria
FOTD
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 04:49:51 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

No, Target looked at at site at 91st and Deleware, not 81st and Lewis.

And Whole Foods now has a store at 41st and Peoria

Whatever.....

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~Bertrand Russell

safetyguy
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 01:07:41 pm »

Is it going to be a REAL Whole Foods or just a Wild Oats with the Whole Foods name on it?

safetyguy
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 01:09:49 pm »

Whoops, sorry for the double post
spoonbill
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 04:49:46 pm »

There are some significant site issues.  I have seen proposals for the site by at least 4 different entities in the last year.  Every deal has fallen apart due to an inability to meet parking requirements or make the investment work.  I have not seen the Whole Foods deal, but I doubt it is a real deal.

I'll be the first to jump for joy if someone can produce a successful project from this spot.  Looks like a nice flat piece of land, but it's what you don't see that's important.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:23 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by spoonbill

There are some significant site issues.  I have seen proposals for the site by at least 4 different entities in the last year.  Every deal has fallen apart due to an inability to meet parking requirements or make the investment work.  I have not seen the Whole Foods deal, but I doubt it is a real deal.

I'll be the first to jump for joy if someone can produce a successful project from this spot.  Looks like a nice flat piece of land, but it's what you don't see that's important.

I can imagine parking will always be an issue since a fully rented cityplex would require acres of parking without adding a big box theme park in the front yard.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 10:35:28 pm »

You would think that a fully rented cityplex could easily afford some more structured parking. Strange to see that large a building without it anyway. Dont know how much that property is worth but it might be worth it to build structured parking in order to sell a larger chunk.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 06:57:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

You would think that a fully rented cityplex could easily afford some more structured parking. Strange to see that large a building without it anyway. Dont know how much that property is worth but it might be worth it to build structured parking in order to sell a larger chunk.

Cityplex (even when near capacity in the CFS days) had major leaks and chunks of the building falling off. That's not counting the escalators and elevators that weren't functional. It'd be nice if they could just afford maintenance.
spoonbill
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 07:59:28 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by TheArtist

Cityplex (even when near capacity in the CFS days) had major leaks and chunks of the building falling off. That's not counting the escalators and elevators that weren't functional. It'd be nice if they could just afford maintenance.

Yeah, the building's a mess.  Looks nice from the outside, but it's got big problems.

As for parking. . .I doesn't make the rules, my job is to try to get around them or change them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org