A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:37:19 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The count down has started  (Read 4906 times)
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« on: November 05, 2007, 11:23:08 pm »

Can you believe the Christmas "stuff" everywhere you go? I love Christmas, but really needed to enjoy Halloween and then look forward to TG.  No such luck.  Santa and the trees are already in so many places.  Even heard some Christmas music already.  Kids are super charged already for the big day.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:24:50 am »

Heh, I bought a couple of small entryway lighted Xmas trees tonight.  Same day I finally dug up my banana trees and elephant ears.  Slammed the door shut on one season the same day I welcomed in another.

The holiday-themed ads started last week.  Seems to get earlier every year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:13:46 am »

My household operates under a strict "No Xmas until Thanksgiving" policy.  No lights, music, or any of that until AFTER the other holidays.  Otherwise, by the time Christmas does come around I'm so sick of it I'm happy to see it go.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
alanoftulsa
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:57 am »

I Love It!!

My Christmas shopping is finished.  I now have time to enjoy the Holiday without the thought of fighting traffic and a million shoppers in one store.. Oh yeal,  I won't be broke at Christmas time......... silver bells, silver bells, It's Christmas time...............
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:45:33 am »

My normal christmas shopping pattern is to wait until the day before and buy everything from QuikTrip.

This year I plan to make all the gifts.

I bought a glue gun and some duct tape from the dollar store and have been saving up pine cones, locust shells and popsicle sticks. My collection of plastic soda bottle lids isn't working out and if I can find some spray paint in the garage, I'm good.

I am afraid to spend the big money it takes to add glitter, but just am worried it won't be very christmasy without it.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:49:37 am »

Shame on you RM!  I figured you would get metal shavings from a machine shop to recycle as glitter. [Wink]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mrsgrizzle
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 10:05:16 am »

I have mixed feelings about it - I am so looking forward to Black Friday shopping. As a WAHM, this is the most thrill seeking I get to do. However, I would like to wait until at least the week of Thanksgiving before the Christmas hoorah begins.

HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:38:18 pm »

You're done shopping?[:O]  OMG! Tell me your secret please. I bought one gift today (mother-in-law's), but haven't really started in earnest.  I like online shopping so what I can and have them delivered to my home.  But most of the stuff I need to actually brave the crowds and go out.  I like to go during the week days and avoid weekends as the time gets closer.

As much as I hate the commercial aspect, Christmas still remains my favourite.  It's so exciting.

I love the baking, cooking, cleaning and decorating, but don't care to take the tree down or remove outside lights afterwards[Sad]

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 11:33:27 am »

On line shopping HS? Tulsa needs your sales tax dollars!
HoneySuckle
Philanthropist

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:53:04 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

I only get those things that we don't carry in Tulsa.  You'd be surprised at how limited shopping can be here in T-Town.

Besides, I'm remodelling my home and Tulsa has been getting too much sales tax from me!

inteller
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 02:40:15 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by carltonplace

no, amazon.com is your friend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org