A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:52:56 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "King of the Mountain"/Limited showings.  (Read 5155 times)
MichaelC
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:45:12 pm »

From KTUL

quote:
The Union-Jenks rivalry has made its way from the football field to the big screen. The documentary film "King of the Mountain" hits the theater tonight and NewsChannel 8's Keith Taylor sat down with actor Brian Presley, who narrates the film and once played for the Jenks Trojans. King of the Mountain is a documentary film featuring the historic rivalry between the Union Redskins and Jenks Trojans, which have combined to win the past 11 Class 6A state championships. Jenks has won eight and Union the other three. Union is ranked number one in Class 6A this season and the Trojans are second.

The film will be shown beginning Thursday night, October 25th through Sunday, October 28th at the Dickinson Starworld 20 located at 101st and Memorial and the Riverwalk Theater located along the Jenks Riverwalk.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 01:00:26 pm »

It's taken Rick Shadle forever to get that thing finished.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 01:04:11 pm »

Rick is a good guy.

He produced my television commercials when I was just starting out.

Power is nothing till you use it.
MichaelC
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:07:40 pm »

It has.  And the reviews I've seen so far, kind of make me wonder if it even be worth buying the DVD, whenever that's out.

BUT, same subject, different venue, there is also a 30 minute Jenks vs Union documentary on "Versus."  Don't know the channel, somewhere around 250 I think on Cox.  It's done by NFL Networks, it's 30 minutes long, and it's showing 4 times this weekend.

Versus
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 01:44:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelC

It has.  And the reviews I've seen so far, kind of make me wonder if it even be worth buying the DVD, whenever that's out.

BUT, same subject, different venue, there is also a 30 minute Jenks vs Union documentary on "Versus."  Don't know the channel, somewhere around 250 I think on Cox.  It's done by NFL Networks, it's 30 minutes long, and it's showing 4 times this weekend.

Versus

Sux for me.  I tried to have digital cable installed yesterday.  Turns out the cable in the attic and wall drops are all "tulsa cable" vintage and need to be overhauled according to the tech. [xx(]  Also explains my sub 900 KPBS down and 200 KPBS up with my internet.  

Can I come over and watch it at your place MC?  I promise I won't tell any of my lies. [}:)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
MichaelC
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 01:57:27 pm »

Sure, I'll DVR it for you.  [Tongue]

According to that Versus website, it does come on again toward the end of November.  They're doing 6 games in 6 weeks I think, then running them all again at various time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org