A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:27:21 pm
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Stadium Plan by May 30th  (Read 108140 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #495 on: June 28, 2008, 04:32:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by booWorld

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Less than one quarter mile away will be Caz's Chowhouse, Caz's bar, Lola's, Club Majestic, The SoundPony, Mexicali Border...

I'm not certain, but I don't think Lola's, The Sound Pony, and Mexicali are less than one quarter mile from the proposed ballpark.

I measured the distance from the edge of Mexicali Border building to the edge of the proposed ballpark. It appears to be approximately 1500 feet, Lola's is around 1400 feet and Sound Pony halfway between the two. A quarter mile is only 1320 feet.

I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:33:53 pm by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
booWorld
« Reply #496 on: June 28, 2008, 09:21:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AVERAGE JOE

quote:

Sounds similar to the traditional D.E.A.D. planning approach as described by John Fregonese...

Decide - through analysis and research

Educate - the public about the solution

Announce - the plan

Defend - the plan

Has there ever been anything undertaken in this town you actually liked?

Yes, there has been.  I think I posted under the user name "booWorld" yesterday or the day before about a bungalow being moved a few blocks rather than being demolished.  I like seeing the re-use of old buildings when it's feasible.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #497 on: July 01, 2008, 08:51:14 am »

I like the idea of not having a restaurant in the ballpark....

Sell all the hotdogs and nachos you want in that thing, but for the love of all things pure, don't put a sports bar in the ballpark....If you do, you might as well also include a giant moving statue of a middle finger on top of the stadium that is at some point during each game aimed at the blue dome and brady districts.

Ask the downtown businesses to pay for something with the understanding that it will generate customers and then create a competition for those customers right there in the ballpark...not cool.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Chicken Little
« Reply #498 on: July 01, 2008, 08:55:42 am »

quote:

Yes, there has been.  I think I posted under the user name "booWorld" yesterday or the day before about a bungalow being moved a few blocks rather than being demolished.  I like seeing the re-use of old buildings when it's feasible.

I'm inferring that you may post under multiple handles.  If so, please stop.
Gold
« Reply #499 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by JoeMommaBlake

I like the idea of not having a restaurant in the ballpark....

Sell all the hotdogs and nachos you want in that thing, but for the love of all things pure, don't put a sports bar in the ballpark....If you do, you might as well also include a giant moving statue of a middle finger on top of the stadium that is at some point during each game aimed at the blue dome and brady districts.

Ask the downtown businesses to pay for something with the understanding that it will generate customers and then create a competition for those customers right there in the ballpark...not cool.

Doesn't the Bricktown ballpark have a Coach's?  Seems like Bricktown has done just fine with it.  I'd sure like some sort of bar, in the event my party is in the mood for a bit more serious drinking with our baseball.  For example, I went to opening night for the Drillers in '07 and it started snowing and then sleeting.  It was like 35 degrees.  That was a great night for whiskey with my baseball.

Chicken Little
« Reply #500 on: July 01, 2008, 11:44:33 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chicken Little

quote:

I may post under multiple handles?  [:O]

[}:)] [?] [}:)] [?] [}:)] [?] [}:)]

Fair enough...you "might be" posting under multiple handles.  You also "might be" a creep, but the forum rules are mute on this subject.
Chicken Little
« Reply #501 on: July 01, 2008, 01:15:51 pm »

quote:

Has Sybil been naughty again Huh  [:O]

When you use multiple handles, you cheat us all...we can't get to know the REAL you.[Sad] [sarcasm off]

Seriously, dude, it's a creep move.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:26:10 pm by Chicken Little » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #502 on: July 01, 2008, 05:16:22 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I may post under multiple handles?  [:O]

[}:)] [?] [}:)] [?] [}:)] [?] [}:)]

Fair enough...you "might be" posting under multiple handles.  You also "might be" a creep, but the forum rules are mute on this subject.

Has Sybil been naughty again Huh  [:O]

[}:)]

Quit arguing with yourself, it sounds ridiculous.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #503 on: July 01, 2008, 08:18:11 pm »

Booworld only has one account.

Move along.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #504 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:36 pm »

I think its important that the new stadium should fill up the block all the way to each side walk and curb. I don't like that big empty uninviting space in front of the Bricktown ball park, the architect might have envisioned a gathering area there to be used before events, but it has never been utilized for that.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org