A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:28 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Invasion  (Read 8340 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 12:28:39 pm »

Man that is scary, I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. I was watching tv in my living room and someone came up and knocked on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone and didn't want to deal with a marketer so I ignored it.  After like 3 rounds of knocking they started turning the handle on my door and trying to use some key on it.  So I got up to answer it and it was two ladies, and they swore they just had the wrong address or something. I don't really like guns, but maybe I need to buy one.
Very similar to my situation, except mine were two guys.  It may not have been the same situation as making up excuses if I had answered, but I don't know. However, on the posts for the story someone else in this neighborhood was robbed by a similar situation while he was gone.  TPD was called by a neighbor and didn't show up till that night (long after the house was cleared out).  It's getting scary out there.  If you get a gun, take some saftey classes on it, and put in a lot of range time.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2009, 03:31:34 pm »

Your a hero on the Tulsa Topix.
Good job. I grew up in Briar Glen and I know the area very well.
Sure has changed the last Twenty years or so.
You need the Beware the owner sign outside. You earned it.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org