A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:27:38 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Drillers and the Colorado Rockies  (Read 3421 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: October 13, 2007, 06:51:47 am »

Can you believe the Colorado Rockies?

The team has many ex-Drillers, including League MVP Matt Holliday and Ace Jeff Francis.

This is an unbelievable story of getting it together when it counts.

They had to win 13 of their last 14 just to get a tie...they won the tie-breaker to make the playoffs, then swept the best team in the league. Now they are up two to nothing in the league championship series and heading back home to finish them off.

They have been in an almost can't lose situation for a month and keep winning.

I can't remember a team winning 19 out of 20, let alone doing it in September/October.

I am a Cardinal fan first, but because of the Tulsa connection and an historic run now have a team to cheer for these playoffs.

Go Rockies!

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:54:21 am »

Don't count us out yet. The Red Sox came from down three games to win the ALCS against the Yankees in '04 and went on to win the World Series. I'm not counting the D'Backs out yet.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 11:10:54 am »

The diamondbacks are down on their back 3 to 0.

There is no way they can come back from that deficit.

Rocks smash snakes.

dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 11:12:20 pm »

Right now it's the 7th inning stretch and we are down by 5. If we don't make a come back, I wish the Rockies the best and will pull for them in the World Series. The Rockies and the D'Backs are becoming the newest rivals in the NL West, and now have a good farm team systems. This is the begining of a great rivalry. Don't forget the El Paso Diablos are a farm team of the D'Backs. Anyway, growing up in Tulsa, and going to the Tulsa Oilers baseball games at the old Oiler Park, is part of my history, just like going to see the Tulsa Ice Oilers when Cal Swenson was the team leader, and Ray Miron was in the front office. (Too many stories to tell now)

Here are a couple of pics of the pre-game from NLCS game 1.

dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 11:26:36 pm »

Bottom of the 8th, we have narrowed it to two runs. In the words of Judy Tenuda "It could happen"
dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:09 pm »

My hat's off to the Rockies. Congratulations on making it to the big stage. May they take the World Series and bring it home to the NL West.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 06:33:18 am »

I always cheer for the National League.

The designated hitter makes the other league triple A and a half.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org