A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:30:00 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Police misconduct 2  (Read 211312 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #270 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:09 am »

It is right up there with shooting the gun out of a persons hand.  Not feasible.  As well as not possible.  Granted, there may be 3 or 4 people in the entire nation who could pull that off - but they aren't cops!  And they would be stupid to try it.

Wrong.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54aONB3dns[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:39 am »

Wrong.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54aONB3dns[/youtube]

For some reason, that link didn't show up until I started this reply.....

Now THAT is funny!!  I like it!!   And I bet we got none in TPD who could do that....

One cannot help but notice that right behind the guy sitting on the chair is what appears to be a house perhaps or better yet, an apartment complex?  With a blue car driving along the road back there.  So, when the sniper shot the gun, the bullet in all likelihood continued - probably deflected one way or the other - into the surrounding neighborhood!!

Yay, team!!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:43:36 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #272 on: January 27, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »

"Warning shots" is a delusional Hollywood fantasy that we have been raised with in this country for some stupid reason!  It is right up there with shooting the gun out of a persons hand.  Not feasible.  As well as not possible.  Granted, there may be 3 or 4 people in the entire nation who could pull that off - but they aren't cops!  And they would be stupid to try it.

You should never point a gun you don't have intentions of shooting and should NEVER shoot at anything besides the actual target!!

As for trained officers....well, if one thing has become absolutely obvious over the last 50 or 100 years or so, officers generally are very poor shots.  We consistently hear stories about 15 or 20 or 50 shots fired, 3 or 4 of which actually hit the target.  And of the 4 that hit, most are superficial, or at least not stopping, killing shots!  Cops are very little better at hitting the target than the general population!  A lot of that has to do with the adrenaline rush of the situation - they end up 'spraying' the area - but mostly it is very poor fire control.

Sort of like shooting to wound.  They dont, except when they do.

A man was shot in the leg by a Tulsa police officer Tuesday as he tried to flee from authorities after reportedly attempting to rob a local pharmacy.
Delricko Smart, 33, was shot once in the leg about 8:10 a.m. in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy at 2110 S. Harvard Ave.
“I saw squealing tires and then a bang like a wreck,” he said. “I saw an officer draw his gun; I heard him (the officer) say something to the guy, and then there were five or six shots."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: January 27, 2015, 02:18:33 pm »

Sort of like shooting to wound.  They dont, except when they do.

A man was shot in the leg by a Tulsa police officer Tuesday as he tried to flee from authorities after reportedly attempting to rob a local pharmacy.
Delricko Smart, 33, was shot once in the leg about 8:10 a.m. in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy at 2110 S. Harvard Ave.
“I saw squealing tires and then a bang like a wreck,” he said. “I saw an officer draw his gun; I heard him (the officer) say something to the guy, and then there were five or six shots."

5 or 6 shots....wounded once in the leg....

My point exactly.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

5 or 6 shots....wounded once in the leg....

My point exactly.

Funny part was where they told Fox they deliberately winged him.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/forner-tulsa-county-deputy-woman-arrested-in-east-tulsa-motel/article_60c50dae-3b89-562c-887f-2c22c97ae4e6.html

Three people, including a former Tulsa County sheriff’s deputy, were arrested in connection with Tuesday’s fatal shooting of a man at an east Tulsa motel.
Warren Crittenden, 44, of Stroud, and Pamela Taylor, 27, were arrested by Tulsa police on first-degree murder complaints late Tuesday.
Crittenden was a sheriff’s deputy from Sept. 1, 1995, to Jan. 20, 2011, records show. He filed a lawsuit against the Sheriff’s Office in 2011.
Crittenden, however, said he didn’t know the identities of the other men or their whereabouts.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2015, 10:16:16 pm »

Wow. Watch this video. I'm thinking a couple of warning shots could have prevented this death. He was scared and running away.

"Adobe After Effects 16 - Adding elements behind complex objects(grass, chain link fences, hair, etc)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RQUQPKqaQ
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #276 on: January 31, 2015, 10:43:03 pm »

"Adobe After Effects 16 - Adding elements behind complex objects(grass, chain link fences, hair, etc)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RQUQPKqaQ

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: February 02, 2015, 01:58:33 pm »

Go for it, baby!

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:58 am »

Walking on the sidewalk. Doesn't speak English. Thrown to the ground and now he is paralyzed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2951904/Alabama-cop-fired-dash-cam-footage-shows-paralyzed-Indian-granddad-slammed-ground-unable-stand.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2015, 11:08:37 am »

Walking on the sidewalk. Doesn't speak English. Thrown to the ground and now he is paralyzed.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/02/indian_citizen_stopped_by_madi.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVgXZpwvc5I[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2015, 11:32:02 am »

Sounds like the cop said something about a "white neighborhood" at about 6:30 into it.

He tried to point down the street to the son's house at the beginning of this carp, and then tried to lead them to the house.  What a disgusting display!  And throughout the last 6 or 7 minutes, these dipsticks don't have the mental horsepower to figure out he can't stand up - because they hurt him!! 

At 2:38 or so, the cop says, "he don't speak a lick a English".... neither does the cop.

He's bleeding - one asked him if he was bleeding...the other said he busted his nose....  No.  The cop busted his nose.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2015, 08:23:08 am »

Thanks for the rundown....

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2015, 06:12:35 pm »

Sounds like the cop said something about a "white neighborhood" at about 6:30 into it.

He tried to point down the street to the son's house at the beginning of this carp, and then tried to lead them to the house.  What a disgusting display!  And throughout the last 6 or 7 minutes, these dipsticks don't have the mental horsepower to figure out he can't stand up - because they hurt him!! 

At 2:38 or so, the cop says, "he don't speak a lick a English".... neither does the cop.

He's bleeding - one asked him if he was bleeding...the other said he busted his nose....  No.  The cop busted his nose.

The hits just keep rolling....

Mexico Condemns Brutality of U.S. Police

The Mexican foreign affairs ministry has condemned the fatal police shooting of a 35-year-old Mexican national in Pasco, Washington, marking an extraordinary escalation in criticism surrounding the local police.

Antonio Zambrano-Montes, an orchard worker who had been living in Pasco for 10 years, was shot dead on Tuesday. Purported video footage of the incident later uploaded to YouTube appears to show Zambrano-Montes running away from three police officers with his hands momentarily raised before he is shot down in a volley of 13 bullets.

Police say he had been throwing rocks at officers on a busy intersection and “low level” force had failed to subdue him.
“The government of Mexico deeply condemns incidents in which force is used in a disproportionate manner, even more so when that use of force leads to loss of life,” the ministry said in a statement.

“These unfortunate events cause damage to the community and erode trust in the authorities.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/13/mexico-condemns-pasco-police-shooting-zambrano-montes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIYzkL0AT_8[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: February 15, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

Thanks for the rundown....

You're welcome!!  Just thought I would help you along a little bit there!

Wouldn't want the apologists to lose track of reality....

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #284 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:50 am »

Police memorial desecrated.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/14/2-arrested-after-police-memorial-vandalized-during-protests-in-denver/

PARTY TIME for at least two TNF posters.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org