A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:57:38 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retail development at Warren Place  (Read 13728 times)
YoungTulsan
City Father

« on: September 21, 2007, 12:20:43 pm »

If you've driven through 61st and Yale recently, you have probably seen a sign advertising retail space on the SW corner of the intersection at Warren Place.

I was thinking man, it looks pretty the way it is, with the nice landscaping, grass, and mature trees.  It sure looks nice without a stripmall there.  Hopefully they work to at least keep the mature trees intact if they start building there.

What would you like to see there? (Or is 61st and Yale "South Tulsa Hell" to all of you?) Cheesy

dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:46:26 pm »

Could it be the empty space where Citgo used to be in Two Warren Place?
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:51:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dbacks fan

I thought it said retail, but I suppose I could be mistaken and they are just trying to fill some space vacated by Hugo.

dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 01:54:03 pm »

Looking at it on Google earth the area on the corner without taking the mature trees that ring the area you have a space that is approximatley 320'x320', roughly the size of the Cracker Barrel lot at 31st and Memorial. Although it would have limited access only from 61st going east or Yale going south.
TulsaEx
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 12:26:36 am »

I noticed that sign when I was in town last weekend.  It clearly says retail and I too hope that whatever is built there, they work to keep a large number of the mature trees that currently surround the site.

It also appears that Semgroup is doing a pretty good job of filling the space that was vacated by Citgo in Tower II.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 07:41:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by YoungTulsan

If you've driven through 61st and Yale recently, you have probably seen a sign advertising retail space on the SW corner of the intersection at Warren Place.

I was thinking man, it looks pretty the way it is, with the nice landscaping, grass, and mature trees.  It sure looks nice without a stripmall there.  Hopefully they work to at least keep the mature trees intact if they start building there.

What would you like to see there? (Or is 61st and Yale "South Tulsa Hell" to all of you?) Cheesy

I too hope they keep a ring of trees nearest the street. I dont think that is "South Tulsa Hell". It actually has the potential to be a more dense urban area and more pedestrian friendly if new developers have that foresight. Would be nice to have some condo towers on the  hill behind Warren Place. Perhaps a row of midrise, 6 story buildings and apartments around Lafortune Park especially on the East side. Yale from about 36th st to 91st has a lot of potential. Its one of the nicest stretches of city streets and will hopefully get wise infill and become more mid-town/urban like.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:33:52 am »

that sign has been there for a year and half...

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 12:06:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by brunoflipper

that sign has been there for a year and half...

The for sale sign had been there for a while. But the new sign has only been up a few weeks.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Steve
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:31:46 pm »

quote:

Citgo offices were in One Warren Place, the building on the east next to Yale Ave., not in Two Warren Place.  I worked for Citgo on the 6th floor of One Warren for 5 years, and baled in March 2004 when the Houston move was inevitable.  Smartest decision I ever made.  I didn't stick around for any "package" since I had not been there for a long time.  Citgo's generous salaries did pay off the mortgage on my home in Tulsa, and I had the foresight and financial discipline to take advantage of that!  For that, I can say "thank you Citgo."  
brunoflipper
El Presidente
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:41 am »

oops, THAT sign "the warren shoppes" is new... my bad

"It costs a fortune to look this trashy..."
"Don't believe in riches but you should see where I live..."

http://www.stopabductions.com/
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 08:47:37 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

quote:

Citgo offices were in One Warren Place, the building on the east next to Yale Ave., not in Two Warren Place.  I worked for Citgo on the 6th floor of One Warren for 5 years, and baled in March 2004 when the Houston move was inevitable.  Smartest decision I ever made.  I didn't stick around for any "package" since I had not been there for a long time.  Citgo's generous salaries did pay off the mortgage on my home in Tulsa, and I had the foresight and financial discipline to take advantage of that!  For that, I can say "thank you Citgo."  

Thanks Steve, I remember now because they used to light the windos on the north side of the building in the shape of a christmas tree that also resembled the Citgo triangle.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:14 pm »

Zombie thread alert, but earthwork is happening.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:24 am »

Pre-Leasing flyer:

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/6D683506-18C1-4DBB-BCA9-68743E69C1AB.pdf

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 09:36:32 am »

Zombie thread alert, but earthwork is happening.

I'm gonna toss a guess out there that Ruth's Chris is no longer going to be in this project...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 06:40:02 pm »

I struggle to think of a worse place for a drive-through. Across from city hall?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org